Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosch/Thermador/Gagganu Home Connect support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bosch/Thermador/Gagganu Home Connect support

    Hi Folks! Is there any support in homeseer for the Bosch (also incluces Thermador, etc...) "Home Connect" protocol? We're building a new house, and it turns out all the Thermador Vent Hoods, Dishwashers, ovens etc... now have support for automation control with the "home connect" app and system.

    You can find a description here: https://www.bosch-home.com/us/experi...h/home-connect

    You can find an open source implementation of accessing their API here (I think): https://github.com/dna909/ioBroker.homeconnect

    It has native IFTT support, but its a lot easier to integrate into Homeseer. Being able to know when the dishwasher finishes its cycle, or the vent hood has been left on, etc... would be superuseful.

    Thx
    Mike

  • #2
    As far as I know, nobody has written a plugin for Home Connect yet. I'm looking into it, but I'm not promising any plugins any time soon (we are currently rebuilding our home, and have chosen Bosch Home Connect ovens and ventilator).
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

    Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks like were getting this in our new kitchen, so I’ll be looking into it shortly when it’s fitted. Probably in the next couple of months, has anyone made progress with this??

      Cheers

      J

      Comment


      • #4
        We just got our ovens and hood installed, so I still want to make this plugin. However, re-decorating takes time...
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

        Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          We just got our ovens and hood installed, so I still want to make this plugin. However, re-decorating takes time...
          Ugh I’m sick of decorating 🤦‍♂️ We just quoted the kitchen today, so shouldn’t be long for us and they’ll be in. I’ll start looking into the api, but I’m up to my eyeballs in decorating also.

          Cheers

          J

          Comment


          • #6
            Better still..

            IFTTT might work until then.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
              Better still..

              IFTTT might work until then.
              It does, but it's not very efficient. The options for the ovens are numerous, so it would be better to have devices and event options in HomeSeer...

              I'm using that method now to control the lights in the hood, and to start the ventilation in the hood when the cooking surface is drawing more power than 30w. But there are some delay, at least 5-6 seconds.
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

              Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                It does, but it's not very efficient. The options for the ovens are numerous, so it would be better to have devices and event options in HomeSeer...

                I'm using that method now to control the lights in the hood, and to start the ventilation in the hood when the cooking surface is drawing more power than 30w. But there are some delay, at least 5-6 seconds.
                Hmmm interesting. I’m looking forward to new “tweaking”. I guess a painting and decorating plugin for HomeSeer would be popular though

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                  I guess a painting and decorating plugin for HomeSeer would be popular though
                  Introducing RebuildSeer. With this plugin you can easily automate typical redecoration tasks, such as:
                  • Painting
                  • Build drywalls
                  • Installing new power lines
                  • ... and many more.

                  Oh, if only!
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                  Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Moskus View Post

                    Introducing RebuildSeer. With this plugin you can easily automate typical redecoration tasks, such as:
                    • Painting
                    • Build drywalls
                    • Installing new power lines
                    • ... and many more.

                    Oh, if only!
                    Hahahaaaaa. Exactly!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just got my kitchen done (nearly) and one of the ovens is in, but waiting for delivery of the other oven. I added some triggers with IFTTT for the door open/close to change lights 🤣 and a program finish trigger to flash the lounge lights. Really loving this new addition, has anyone started looking into the API yet? I was also wondering if there was a way to override the stupid timeout on the remote function so I can set the oven going whenever I want without having to activate on the oven first?

                      Cheers

                      J

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Did you track your package delivery? If not I`d like to advise you about good services for it. https://pkge.net/couriers/winit great solution for tracking any package around the world.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          fresnoboy Big 5 plug-in for HS3 does manage API. Someone did integrate Miele appliances with HS3 using Big5 and Miele’s API. I’m sure Thermador can be integrated as well. Goto Big5 forum for details and you may post your questions there as well if you need help.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by risquare View Post
                            fresnoboy Big 5 plug-in for HS3 does manage API. Someone did integrate Miele appliances with HS3 using Big5 and Miele’s API. I’m sure Thermador can be integrated as well. Goto Big5 forum for details and you may post your questions there as well if you need help.
                            I was the person that did the Miele@home integration. I think home connect should also be doable.

                            —-
                            John

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
                              Hi Folks! Is there any support in homeseer for the Bosch (also incluces Thermador, etc...) "Home Connect" protocol? We're building a new house, and it turns out all the Thermador Vent Hoods, Dishwashers, ovens etc... now have support for automation control with the "home connect" app and system.

                              You can find a description here: https://www.bosch-home.com/us/experi...h/home-connect

                              You can find an open source implementation of accessing their API here (I think): https://github.com/dna909/ioBroker.homeconnect

                              It has native IFTT support, but its a lot easier to integrate into Homeseer. Being able to know when the dishwasher finishes its cycle, or the vent hood has been left on, etc... would be superuseful.

                              Thx
                              Mike
                              Using Big 5 and the documentation https://developer.home-connect.com/d.../bestpractices should push you in the right direction.

                              It is important to start with the authorization flow.

                              ---
                              John

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X