Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Web - Option for sorting by Floor and Room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Web - Option for sorting by Floor and Room?

Silly question: Is it possible to sort both by floor and by room in the HS web interface? Do most people use location1 and 2, or just location1?
    Last edited by Krumpy; November 13, 2018, 10:46 PM.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Not that I am aware of.

Comment

That's what I figured. Then I am not sure if the whole location1 and location2 is of value. I am sure that there is a rime and reason for this as HS3 is by now more of a mature product.

I just checked and it seems HS2 couldn't do it either. Hmm....

I dunno, maybe I'll switch to using only Location - and not using location2...

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

As with any programming using a naming convention is good practice. My location 1 is used for area/room like bedroom, kitchen, patio, garage....
        location 2 is the device type, like battery, switch, virtual, dimmer....
        My system has over 500 devices, if I were to try to find that battery on the pool temperature sensor it would be difficult without sorting.. It's easy to click on pool and battery sort and it shows right up.
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
          Silly question: Is it possible to sort both by floor and by room in the HS web interface? Do most people use location1 and 2, or just location1?
          Like @BlairG I set Location1 to "Room", Location2 to "Group" - this way it's really easy to filter for example if I only want to see "Z-Wave Sensors".
          And to sort - just click on the column header link:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-11-15 (4).png Views:	1 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	1259549
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-16.png
Views:	161
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1259550

Comment

Working...
          X