HS starting as a background process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS starting as a background process

Every time the PC restarts HS starts as a background process. When manually launch I usually see the HS icon on the task bar. If the PC restarts due to power outages or update I notice HS is not working properly. On the PC I don't see the HS icon on the task bar and if I try to manually launch it I get HS is already running. If I open task manager and go to the processes tab, under background processes HS is listed. I just end task and launch it manually and everything works fine. Why is it launching as background process and how do I stop it. I had previously added in the windows start up folder but have since removed it and this is still happening. Windows 10.

Some suggestions . . .

Windows 10 typically starts processes using the Windows "Task Scheduler" application rather than the 'older' startup folder, so start the "Task Scheduler" application and check in the "Task Scheduler Library."

If you don't see an entry in the Task Scheduler Library, check the Windows Task Manager (right click on your desktop's menu bar, select Task Manager). There's a tab there labeled "Startup" - see if it is listed there.

Comment

I looked at Task Scheduler this morning but must have been looking in the wrong place or just to quickly. Checked again and it was Task Scheduler that was starting it. Removed it and it no longer happens. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X