Withings Scale Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
    I have the scale, and will be buying the sleep mat, thermometer, and blood pressure devices, that they just released; I love my Withings products.
    I will definitely buy a Withings plugin from you.

Then I can write an event that locks the refrigerator when I eat too much!
    Now that's a practical integration use!

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
      I'm using the sleep mat as a bed sensor for my wife's side of the bed with integration through IFTTT. Biggest issue is the delay before it indicates bed occupancy. On my side I use a lawn mower seat switch ($7 Amazon) and a Fortrezz Mimo Lite, which gives instant status updates.

I have since found another way which is more inexpensive: A Xiaomi water sensor and one of these pressure mats from Amazon. A water sensor is basically a normally open (NO) dry contact, and the Xiaomi sensor has 2 screws underneath that you can hook the leads from the pressure mat to (the alarm portion of the mat is not used). Step on the mat (or lay in bed) and the contact closes to turn the sensor "on". Step off the mat and the contact returns to open. Very useful for places where motion sensors are not practical or where you want an occupancy sensor to be incognito (beneath front door mat, beneath couch cushion, etc).

--Barry
      Is the delay from the sensor or IFTTT?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Is the delay from the sensor or IFTTT?
        Eh, who knows? The sensor itself doesn't change very quick on the mobile app. From there I'm not sure if the push from Withings is slow or if IFTTT is dragging its feet. I tried hacking into to the mat by monitoring on Wireshark but never could get anywhere. It's like a bastardized mix of bluetooth and wifi going on.

--Barry

Comment

Eh, who knows? The sensor itself doesn't change very quick on the mobile app. From there I'm not sure if the push from Withings is slow or if IFTTT is dragging its feet. I tried hacking into to the mat by monitoring on Wireshark but never could get anywhere. It's like a bastardized mix of bluetooth and wifi going on.

--Barry
          As I don't have any Withings products at the moment I have no insight into their push notification speed. However just the mention of IFTTT equates to SLOW in all of my experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by logman
            If This Then Tomorrow (maybe)
            YES!!!! LOL!!!

Comment

YES!!!! LOL!!!
              I've got a spare Withings bed sensor... PM me your street address in Inwood and I'll send it to you to play with. It's the one I tried hacking without success (although I only gave it a half-hearted attempt).

--Barry

Comment

I've got a spare Withings bed sensor... PM me your street address in Inwood and I'll send it to you to play with. It's the one I tried hacking without success (although I only gave it a half-hearted attempt).

--Barry
                PM sent.

Comment

there was a scale many moons that was 433mhz.. and I had it and it worked.. shame scale broke eventually and wife chucked it.
                  id love to get a scale again and get this going.

ill have to see what yall come up with.
                  so I had a fitbit too, but that broke, and now I have a Samsung galaxy s2 watch (hoping to get the new s5 this year) and no one made a plugin for that...
                  hmmmmmmmm....
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                    there was a scale many moons that was 433mhz.. and I had it and it worked.. shame scale broke eventually and wife chucked it.
                    id love to get a scale again and get this going.

ill have to see what yall come up with.
                    so I had a fitbit too, but that broke, and now I have a Samsung galaxy s2 watch (hoping to get the new s5 this year) and no one made a plugin for that...
                    hmmmmmmmm....
                    Did you ever ask for a plugin? I don't remember you sending me a watch

Ok second vote for the scale.... going once... anymore for scale integration? Let me know today and I'll pull the trigger on ordering a scale and include it in first round of the plugin development cycle.

Comment

I’m wanting the scale integration

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                        I’m wanting the scale integration
                        Scale has been ordered...

Comment

Did you ever ask for a plugin? I don't remember you sending me a watch

Ok second vote for the scale.... going once... anymore for scale integration? Let me know today and I'll pull the trigger on ordering a scale and include it in first round of the plugin development cycle.
                          lol nope.. didn't..
                          but don't need the watch for that.. Samsung s health app.. watch ties to that... maybe ill ask later.. hah...
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Scale integration sounds interesting. The use case I'd want is to set it up so when I step on the scale and am above my desired weight / body fat limits, I could then trigger a bright light to turn on which would be directed at my face so I can't read the scale's display. Instant body image fix.

Comment

Scale has been ordered...
                              Didn't realize it but apparently we have a new set of the scales here that my wife had ordered a few months back. Came up during conversation last night when she was telling me that they had got the sleep sensor sent out to you yesterday.

Told her we should have sent the scales along too but she said "nope, we are starting a new diet so you need to get those set up and working". The wife, you never know where she's going to take her inspiration from to start the next diet that we all have to suffer along with.

Looks like baked carrots and fresh kale for me for a while....Thanks John!!

--Barry

Comment

Didn't realize it but apparently we have a new set of the scales here that my wife had ordered a few months back. Came up during conversation last night when she was telling me that they had got the sleep sensor sent out to you yesterday.

Told her we should have sent the scales along too but she said "nope, we are starting a new diet so you need to get those set up and working". The wife, you never know where she's going to take her inspiration from to start the next diet that we all have to suffer along with.

Looks like baked carrots and fresh kale for me for a while....Thanks John!!

--Barry
                                Go for the BBQ Kale chips... hides the Kale and raw carrots are healthier and taste better anyways

No worries on the scale. I was thinking of getting a new one anyways so this gave me the "excuse" I needed to justify it.

Comment

Working...
                                X