Pushover 3P, how to send message to one device only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushover 3P, how to send message to one device only

I have 4 devices using the same Pushover account and same user key, but I do not understand how I can send a message to one device only. I've tried to under stand how to set it up reading documentation, but unfortunately I am not able to understand it

Does anybody know?

Originally posted by widert View Post
    I have 4 devices using the same Pushover account and same user key, but I do not understand how I can send a message to one device only. I've tried to under stand how to set it up reading documentation, but unfortunately I am not able to understand it

Does anybody know?
    After you have created your trigger for your event, create an action to “Send Pushover Message”, then the first option for that action it gives you a drop down menu labeled “Device/Group”. That menu should have a list of all the devices you’ve added. By default it puts a check mark next to all devices you’ve created but you can remove the check marks from the devices you don’t want a message sent to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Unfortunately, I cannot do so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	298
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	1260520

This my setup of Pushover:

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	284
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	1260521

From what I understand from the documention I need to create a group that I add to?

Comment

Unfortunately, I cannot do so:

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	298
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	1260520

This my setup of Pushover:

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	284
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	1260521

From what I understand from the documention I need to create a group that I add to?
        It looks like you are almost done, in Homeseer goto Plug-ins>Pushover>Config and click on the button “Add Device/Group”, then add the same three devices that you have setup in the setup Pushover screen that you posted.

It’s a little confusing but you’re not seeing them in the drop down because they aren’t in your plugin config yet even though you can see them in the Pushover setup online.

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

It looks like you are almost done, in Homeseer goto Plug-ins>Pushover>Config and click on the button “Add Device/Group”, then add the same three devices that you have setup in the setup Pushover screen that you posted.

It’s a little confusing but you’re not seeing them in the drop down because they aren’t in your plugin config yet even though you can see them in the Pushover setup online.

Unfortunately still not working

I add the three devices:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image_73403.png Views:	3 Size:	323.8 KB ID:	1260667

Select only one of them and send the message:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Skjermbilde 2018-11-19 kl. 22.57.55.png Views:	3 Size:	398.7 KB ID:	1260672

But again, the message appears on all the units..🤔

Comment

Unfortunately still not working

I add the three devices:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_73403.png Views:	3 Size:	323.8 KB ID:	1260667

Select only one of them and send the message:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Skjermbilde 2018-11-19 kl. 22.57.55.png Views:	3 Size:	398.7 KB ID:	1260672

But again, the message appears on all the units..🤔
            Hate to ask a dumb question, but you did make sure to uncheck “All Clients” in the event drop down? Even if you select a single device below it, the check mark next to “All Clients” doesn’t automatically uncheck.

Other than the above....this has got me a bit stumped. I took a look at everything in my config and it’s setup in the same way.

Edit: Ok, just saw the event page you added to your post. You obviously only have one device selected....

Every time you make a change to a Pushover message you need to make sure to click on the update button at the bottom.....did you make sure to do that in this event? If you don’t click update then the changes won’t take affect.

Last edited by The Profit; November 19, 2018, 05:39 PM.
            Plugin's:

Comment

The «update» solved IT. Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

The «update» solved IT. Thank you very much for your help!
                Great! Had me stumped there for a minute!

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                X