Plugs that show outdoor air quality conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugs that show outdoor air quality conditions

Do any of these weather plugins show detail of the outdoor air quality conditions, i.e. mold/pollen information? Trying to find a plugin that can pull in that information to be able run some HVAC events without having to buy additional equipment.

Been a few months, bumping this up to see if anyone knows of any plugins that can show outdoor air quality information such as pollen or smoke?

Comment

I have a couple of things "In the works" but nothing I can announce yet.

Comment

There used to be some scripts to pollen info from pollen.com website. Not sure if they are still around and supported. I think Jon00 had one too, but not sure if it was just for the UK. I pull air quality from https://waqi.info with a script, but it does not supply pollen data.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have scripts that pull data from pollen.com and flu.com and populate virtual devices

Click image for larger version  Name:	pollen.png Views:	0 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	1306438
          pollen.txt

flu.txt

change .txt to .vb

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
            I have a couple of things "In the works" but nothing I can announce yet.
            you talking about the new ambient weather air particulate monitor device? https://www.ambientweather.com/ampm25.html hoping they will soon support my station WS-8478 (I emailed them about it and they said no timeline on when)

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

you talking about the new ambient weather air particulate monitor device? https://www.ambientweather.com/ampm25.html hoping they will soon support my station WS-8478 (I emailed them about it and they said no timeline on when)
              Actually no. That I've announced that I'll be adding support for once I can get my hands on the unit as they're all sold out. I have something else in the works and things are lined up on my end to begin the development, but i can't say much until they finalize details, provide me details and then announce it publicly.

Comment

I have scripts that pull data from pollen.com and flu.com and populate virtual devices

Click image for larger version Name:	pollen.png Views:	0 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	1306438
                pollen.txt

flu.txt

change .txt to .vb
                That is good, I'll give this a try. Does the script create the virtual devices or do those need to be created separately?

Comment

Never mind, I see the scripts don't actually create the virtual devices-can you post some screenshots of how you setup your virtual devices? I'm a little fuzzy on the values to configure those with.

I also get this error just trying to run it-I've not run much for scripts in HS3 yet so I'm pretty new to this.
                  Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\pollen.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    There used to be some scripts to pollen info from pollen.com website. Not sure if they are still around and supported. I think Jon00 had one too, but not sure if it was just for the UK. I pull air quality from https://waqi.info with a script, but it does not supply pollen data.
                    jono posted a method to parse pollen info using my datascraper script: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...51#post1304751
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
                      Never mind, I see the scripts don't actually create the virtual devices-can you post some screenshots of how you setup your virtual devices? I'm a little fuzzy on the values to configure those with.

I also get this error just trying to run it-I've not run much for scripts in HS3 yet so I'm pretty new to this.
                      Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\pollen.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
                      You might have to add a new Scripting References in your settings.ini folder for it to work. add the following to the end of the "ScriptingReferences" : ",System.Web;System.Web.dll"

The scripts read the data from flu.com and pollen.com and write data into files in homeseer. You will have to create these files first as blank files so that the script can write to them.

Create a folder in the html folder called "json". Then create files in the json folder called Pollen.json and Flu.json.

For all the devices you created you will have to change the device references throughout the scripts to match your new ones. You can see which device references I have on the screen caps of my devices to figure out how to change for your devices.

You will also have to create a new folder in homeseer images folder called "Pollen" and then add these three icons in that folder: Name them Tree.png, Ragweed.png, and Weed.png

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tree.png
Views:	288
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	1307320

Name:	Ragweed.png
Views:	233
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1307323

Name:	Weed.png
Views:	236
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	1307324

Finally you will have to change the zipcode to whatever yours is and replace mine which is in the script as 80908.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Any thoughts?

I do have ",System.Web;System.Web.dll" and I have added the stipulated directories, files, and images, yet I'm having similar issues, but my errors are:
                        May-26 10:34:23 AM Error Compiling script J:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\pollen.vb: Type 'JavaScriptSerializer' is not defined.
                        May-26 10:34:23 AM Error Compiling script J:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\pollen.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Web.Script.Serialization' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
                        May-26 10:34:23 AM Error Compiling script J:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\pollen.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
                        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                        Home Assistant 2024.3
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Try adding ",System.Web.Extensions;System.Web.Extensions.dll" to the end of ScriptingReferences

Comment

One other thing I noticed today. There is an allergen called Grasses that doesn't seem to populate with an image. It is either new or I missed it in my initial setup. Solution is to copy the Weed.png image and rename it Grass.png and put it in the same folder

Comment

Try adding ",System.Web.Extensions;System.Web.Extensions.dll" to the end of ScriptingReferences
                              I did this, but no joy. I'm a little confused by the delimiter(s) and instructions. Should the delimiters be a comma, a semicolon, or both?

[Settings]
                              ScriptingReferences=System.Web;System.Web.dll;System.Web.Ext ensions;System.Web.Extensions.dll

I am making changes to the file HS3/Config/settings.ini, is that the right one?
                              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                              Home Assistant 2024.3
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                              X