Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

I ordered this Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus and it installed super easy and worked FANTASTIC with HomeSeer and the Z-Net ZWave controller. Here what I get:
    • Battery Level
    • Immediate Notification When The Lock Is Operated Locally (Lock or Unlock) From The Back Bolt or Keypad
    • Ability To Set and Revoke The PINs Remotely From HomeSeer for Users
    • Ability To Know What User Unlocked The Door With A Specific PIN
    • Ability To Lock and Unlock The Door Remotely
    • Get The Status Of The Lock (Is it Locked or Unlocked)

No errors at all and no hassles

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-25_22-30-44.jpg
Views:	2607
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1262014

I purchased the lock here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076WZT4VD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

Thanks for sharing. This looks much better than the Kwikset locks I have now. I did some research and read the manuals. From what I gathered it appears that with the Zwave Plus module installed you cannot use the Yale app on your phone to unlock hands free using phone proximity. Is that your understanding or what you have found with your lock?

Comment

I never tried the Yale app... there was no need. I have the lock unlock for me based on the combination use of "PHLocation" for geofence, iBeacon for micro location, and a motion sensor... with those three things and having my phone HomeSeer unlocks the door for me. I can also control the lock via HSTouch, Amazon Echo, and the HomeSeer page itself. I have no need and never looked into any other app.
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I do not use the Yale app either. I would guess that apps works with the Bluetooth enabled version of the lock and not the Z-wave version?
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I just looked it up... you are correct, this app only works with the Bluetooth version of the Yale lock... I have the Z-Wave version and it would not work with the Yale app. I would not want or need the Yale app anyhow since with HomeSeer controlling the door lock I can do anything I want. I can make it be proximity based, or follow complex rules, and I have complete control via HSTouch as well.
          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I thought the same thing. Now I just need to figure out what proximity sensor to use and one that only works within a few feet of door so it doesn't unlock when I don't want it to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry I just saw that you responded earlier with how you setup the hands free unlock using HS. Any further details about hardware used etc would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

You can accomplish this as I do, with PHLocation to setup a geofence, iBeacon for micro-location and a motion sensor... The code I use works as follows... If my phone has entered the geofence within 180 seconds AND my phone sees the iBeacon (within 60 seconds..means it is close to the door)... AND I trip the motion sensor at my front porch, then I have the door unlock... I have to do NOTHING at all other than just have my phone on me (like in my pocket).

Even with a bluetooth enabled lock, you would need to get the phone and use the app to unlock it... it could NOT simply use bluetooth for proximity because it would not know when you are on the inside just close to the lock or just walking on the inside past the lock.
                jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

What iBeacon hardware do you use?

Comment

Radius Networks iBeacons and Geofency

https://store.radiusnetworks.com/col.../radbeacon-dot

jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
                      Radius Networks iBeacons and Geofency

https://store.radiusnetworks.com/col.../radbeacon-dot
                      Thanks jeanv, I'll check that out!

Comment

Was always wanting the yale locks just wish they could be rekeyed as easily as kwikset

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          Was always wanting the yale locks just wish they could be rekeyed as easily as kwikset
                          It looks like that is not a problem at all with this lock. It has no key, not even as a backup.
                          That's probably not a problem. I've never carried my key with me anyway. (More than one door lock would have to fail for me to be locked out.)

Comment

ooh I'd consider that. Guess in reality you really only need one keyed lock to the property anyway.

Comment

Given that there are multiple doors into the property, more than one lock would have to simultaneously fail for this to be a problem. As far as battery power goes, this lock can even use a 9V battery for the outside in an emergency to power the lock. I have lived in my home for 7 years and never carried keys at all. Never had a problem.
                              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Working...
                              X