Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so happy you got it working! Yes a restart should ALWAYS be a full reboot of the device and not just a disconnection and re-connection of the network cable. I love the lock, I now have 3 of them and they all work great!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mrd10607@yahoo.com View Post
      For anyone working with the Yale YRD256 and the Z-wave module. If you get the lock working but it keeps changing the lock status back to unlocked and the lock actually locked. I found that the issue is the lock is not moving completely into the lock position and is sending a message that it is unlocked. I made the deadbolt hold deeper and the lock now turns 100% of the throw and reports locked correctly.
      How did you do this?

Comment

Here is a link to a website with instruction to test if your deadbolt/latch on the door is position correctly in the door frame.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/doors...at-wont-close/

In my case I had to use a chisel and a drill bit to make the hole in the door frame deeper.
        I have also noticed I still have the deadbolt sliding against the strike plate in the door frame which results in the YRD256 sometimes locking and reading correctly and sometime not.

For this fix I am still deciding if I want to file the strike plate larger or move it. I have not done either yet.

Comment

Working...
        X