Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so happy you got it working! Yes a restart should ALWAYS be a full reboot of the device and not just a disconnection and re-connection of the network cable. I love the lock, I now have 3 of them and they all work great!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mrd10607@yahoo.com View Post
      For anyone working with the Yale YRD256 and the Z-wave module. If you get the lock working but it keeps changing the lock status back to unlocked and the lock actually locked. I found that the issue is the lock is not moving completely into the lock position and is sending a message that it is unlocked. I made the deadbolt hold deeper and the lock now turns 100% of the throw and reports locked correctly.
      How did you do this?

Comment

Here is a link to a website with instruction to test if your deadbolt/latch on the door is position correctly in the door frame.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/doors...at-wont-close/

In my case I had to use a chisel and a drill bit to make the hole in the door frame deeper.
        I have also noticed I still have the deadbolt sliding against the strike plate in the door frame which results in the YRD256 sometimes locking and reading correctly and sometime not.

For this fix I am still deciding if I want to file the strike plate larger or move it. I have not done either yet.

Comment

My door lock logging times are off by 1 hour, 1 hour ahead of actual time. for example Illegal Code Entered at Keypad Today at 7:11:20 PM User Code=0. Correct time was 6:11:20
          Any ideas on a setting to correct this. Other than this I love the lock so far.

Also noticed when auto lock is enabled, homeseer does not report the change. Still shows unlocked even though the deadbolt is in the locked position. Testing on workbench so not an issue with the deadbolt not seated properly.

Comment

Considering to install several Yale Assure or Schlage Connect door locks. Wanted input on the Yale iPhone app. Anyone got this to work ? If so how?

Devoir

Comment

Don't use iPhone but works perfectly fine with Imperihome...
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I have the same lock as you and same amount of devices (6). My lock was added in about 3 seconds after I realized I had to have Z NET 2 inches away from it!
                I have my Z-Net right next to the lock and got 6 devices (that I have since renamed)
                No Status
                Node 2 Z-Wave Assa Abloy Entry Control
                No Event
                Node 2 Z-Wave Power Management Notification
                100%
                Node 2 Z-Wave Battery Today
                3:20:03 PM
                Locked using Z-Wave Today at 3:21:48 PM User Code=0
                Node 2 Z-Wave Door Lock Logging Today
                3:22:03 PM
                Get Latest Record
                Unlocked
                Node 2 Z-Wave Door Lock Today
                4:03:35 PM
                Unlock Lock
                Unknown
                Node 2 Z-Wave Access Control Notification Today 4:31:46 PM Change Me

Anyway was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add user names and pins? I'll assume after learning that I will be able to edit & delete.
                Thank You
                PS
                The last one UNKNOWN use to say RF Control (or something to that effect).

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMast View Post
                  Anyway was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add user names and pins? I'll assume after learning that I will be able to edit & delete.
                  Go to the z-wave tab for the lock's root device (the one called Assa Abloy Entry Control) and they can be set there. They can also be added and removed using events.
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank You Sparkman. Would you be able to tell me where the User names and unlock/lock & times are stored (or how to retrieve them)? Do you know why User access (on config page) has no names? And finally do you know where I can get some documentation on this kind of stuff, instead of asking 100 more questions on the forum? Thank you again.

Comment

Never mind found it. THX

Comment

Can someone show me or point to an example Event or script for send the lock and user name via email or text? THX

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMast View Post
                          Can someone show me or point to an example Event or script for send the lock and user name via email or text? THX
                          Here’s a link to a script: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...-events-script. You can just create events that trigger on changes to the lock’s notification device, but the script eliminates the need for multiple events.
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

{subscribed}
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I have a few Yale Z-wave locks, YRD256, and they all are the same version.

Yale version info

I called Yale on two occasions and they are unable to tell me what the current version of the firmware is and they also said they do not have any firmware posted for download. Both Yale customer service representatives claimed any firmware updates for their product would be furnished by my hub manufacturer, HomeSeer, and not Yale. All of the manufacturers of my other Z-Wave products post firmware for their customers. I am not sure why Yale appears to be so clueless.

Does anyone know what the current version of firmware is or found a site where Yale firmware updates will be posted?

Comment

The specs for the Yale Assure Lock SL says that it supports HomeKit, Alexa, Google, SmartThings, Zigbee, Z-Wave Plus. I use HomeSeer with Z-NET and I also use HomeKit (some of my devices work with HomeKit directly, while other devices, such as Z-Wave devices, are exposed to HomeKit using homebridge). My question is: does the Yale Assure Lock SL support all these protocols (HomeKit, Alexa, Google, Z-Wave Plus, etc.) natively, or you need specific modules for specific protocols? If the lock can support these protocols natively, then can the lock be controlled via Z-Wave Plus and also via HomeKit (w/o homebridge), or do you have to pick a specific protocol that the lock will work with?

Comment

Working...
                                X