Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devoir
    replied
    Considering to install several Yale Assure or Schlage Connect door locks. Wanted input on the Yale iPhone app. Anyone got this to work ? If so how?

Devoir

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    My door lock logging times are off by 1 hour, 1 hour ahead of actual time. for example Illegal Code Entered at Keypad Today at 7:11:20 PM User Code=0. Correct time was 6:11:20
    Any ideas on a setting to correct this. Other than this I love the lock so far.

Also noticed when auto lock is enabled, homeseer does not report the change. Still shows unlocked even though the deadbolt is in the locked position. Testing on workbench so not an issue with the deadbolt not seated properly.

Leave a comment:

• MRD10607
    replied
    Here is a link to a website with instruction to test if your deadbolt/latch on the door is position correctly in the door frame.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/doors...at-wont-close/

In my case I had to use a chisel and a drill bit to make the hole in the door frame deeper.
    I have also noticed I still have the deadbolt sliding against the strike plate in the door frame which results in the YRD256 sometimes locking and reading correctly and sometime not.

For this fix I am still deciding if I want to file the strike plate larger or move it. I have not done either yet.

Leave a comment:

• AgentGladstone
    replied
    Originally posted by mrd10607@yahoo.com View Post
    For anyone working with the Yale YRD256 and the Z-wave module. If you get the lock working but it keeps changing the lock status back to unlocked and the lock actually locked. I found that the issue is the lock is not moving completely into the lock position and is sending a message that it is unlocked. I made the deadbolt hold deeper and the lock now turns 100% of the throw and reports locked correctly.
    How did you do this?

Leave a comment:

• jeanv
    replied
    I am so happy you got it working! Yes a restart should ALWAYS be a full reboot of the device and not just a disconnection and re-connection of the network cable. I love the lock, I now have 3 of them and they all work great!

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Well got I got my lock added with all 6 devices. What I did differently this time was, restart my Z-Net - though my idea of restarting it is unplugging and re-plugging it in - I'm not sure if this is the approved or recommended way, nonetheless, added the lock with security. This worked first off... Go figure...

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Thanks … glad to know that version works. I tried for the 3rd time with the body of the lock physically touching my Z-Net. Still only one device created. It appears the unit is defective. I'm getting a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• jeanv
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-14_15-28-31.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1315663

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Thanks... what version of the zwave plugin do you have?

Leave a comment:

• jeanv
    replied
    I have my Z-Net right next to the lock and got 6 devices (that I have since renamed)

Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-0008.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1315303

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    So I received my lock and am in the process on benching it. It added without issue but I only see one device called Assa Abloy Entry Control.

Adding looks like:

Jul-11 7:32:42 PM Z-Wave Enabling Lock status for Assa Abloy (Yale) device Node 34 Z-Wave Assa Abloy Entry Control (34)
    Jul-11 7:32:41 PM Z-Wave Node 34 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Jul-11 7:32:41 PM Z-Wave Node 34 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.24 App: 1.78
    Jul-11 7:32:41 PM Z-Wave Node: 34 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, VERSION
    Jul-11 7:32:41 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 34, ID: 297=129H (Assa Abloy), Type: 32770=8002H, ID: 1536=600H
    Jul-11 7:32:39 PM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Jul-11 7:32:36 PM Z-Wave Done. Node 34 Added.

When I scan the device I get:

Jul-11 8:13:04 PM Z-Wave Enabling Lock status for Assa Abloy (Yale) device Locks Z-Wave Assa Abloy Entry Control (34)
    Jul-11 8:13:03 PM Z-Wave Node 34 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Jul-11 8:13:03 PM Z-Wave Node 34 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.24 App: 1.78
    Jul-11 8:13:01 PM Z-Wave Node: 34 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, VERSION
    Jul-11 8:13:01 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Jul-11 8:13:01 PM Z-Wave Found 19 Z-Wave nodes
    Jul-11 8:13:01 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 003D288C...
    Jul-11 8:12:09 PM Z-Wave Starting Z-Wave Polling for Network 003D288C...

Anyone have this problem? Running 3.0.0.531 and zwave 3.0.1.252 Z-net device was less than 3 feet away.

As a side note, on the device management page you have a button that says Show All. Is there a way to reset your view back to how it was before using that feature?

Leave a comment:

• jeanv
    replied
    Agreed, accidentally locking the lock when the door is opened because my hand brushed up against the lock face has also happened to me... Not a major deal, but annoying.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Nice!!! Good to hear.

I've read in reviews on Amazon that folks find that touching the numeric pad say by accident, will cause the unit to shoot the dead bolt out and should the door close thereafter, the trim takes a beating. Since I have a security system on my house and thus the one zone being the front door, I was wondering if it was reasonable to disable that from happening should the zone be faulted (door open) through an event. Is there a way to prevent the lock from locking in this case?
    This is indeed something that I've encountered. It's annoying because when it happens, you're on the keypad side and have to reach back around to the other side to unlock. I added events to send an unlock command if it gets locked while the door sensor shows faulted. It helps some, but once I banged against the trim anyhow because it takes time to react. I've not found a way to inhibit the locking function; that would be a better solution.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Nice!!! Good to hear.

I've read in reviews on Amazon that folks find that touching the numeric pad say by accident, will cause the unit to shoot the dead bolt out and should the door close thereafter, the trim takes a beating. Since I have a security system on my house and thus the one zone being the front door, I was wondering if it was reasonable to disable that from happening should the zone be faulted (door open) through an event. Is there a way to prevent the lock from locking in this case?

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Added three Yale Assure Lock SL in the February - March time-frame. Current battery levels are 95/96/97. Overall very happy with them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X