Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was the problem I had as well when I tried to add node without security. Remove is and add it with security. See post #40 and #45.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerL View Post
      So I finally got the zwave module that was on backorder.
      Installed it, no problem, added it to the network and it sees it but gives an S0 security error and the only device created is the name of it with no controls.
      no battery, no nothing. any ideas?

I removed it and re-added it, same Click image for larger version

Name:	yale1.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1477908 thing.
      Nevermind.... I went back and restarted the zwave interface,,, tried again and it completely bombed...said it added a node but nothing was there.
      removed that and retried and got 6 devices. Guess mine just wanted to be finicky.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        This was the problem I had as well when I tried to add node without security. Remove is and add it with security. See post #40 and #45.
        I never tried to add it without security, it was just not fully connecting for whatever reason.

Comment

Glad you got it working...
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerL View Post

I never tried to add it without security, it was just not fully connecting for whatever reason.
            Yep same. What ultimately worked for me, was completely disassembling the lock, walking over to the z-wave controller, and setting it up there. Then re-installing it on the door.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post

It's because both the inclusion and exclusion process requires direct line of site. The regular use of the lock with z-wave is facilitated by the mesh network.
              Hmmmm, so this presents a bit of a problem. I bought the homeseer motion detector that is literally hard-wired into the eve of the roof...(https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...odlight-sensor).

The ZWave controller is on the opposite corner of the house. Is there any sort of hand-held module I can buy to walk up next to the motion sensor and include it without having to try to figure out how to power the wires while standing next to the controller?

I guess it's the opposite as bringing the device next to the controller, I want to bring the controller (or controller tool of some type) next to the device.

Comment

Originally posted by moerderin@gmail.com View Post

Hmmmm, so this presents a bit of a problem. I bought the homeseer motion detector that is literally hard-wired into the eve of the roof...(https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...odlight-sensor).

The ZWave controller is on the opposite corner of the house. Is there any sort of hand-held module I can buy to walk up next to the motion sensor and include it without having to try to figure out how to power the wires while standing next to the controller?

I guess it's the opposite as bringing the device next to the controller, I want to bring the controller (or controller tool of some type) next to the device.
                Z-Net and a portable battery to power it work great.

Comment

Working...
                X