Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was the problem I had as well when I tried to add node without security. Remove is and add it with security. See post #40 and #45.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerL View Post
      So I finally got the zwave module that was on backorder.
      Installed it, no problem, added it to the network and it sees it but gives an S0 security error and the only device created is the name of it with no controls.
      no battery, no nothing. any ideas?

I removed it and re-added it, same Click image for larger version

Name:	yale1.PNG
Views:	519
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1477908 thing.
      Nevermind.... I went back and restarted the zwave interface,,, tried again and it completely bombed...said it added a node but nothing was there.
      removed that and retried and got 6 devices. Guess mine just wanted to be finicky.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        This was the problem I had as well when I tried to add node without security. Remove is and add it with security. See post #40 and #45.
        I never tried to add it without security, it was just not fully connecting for whatever reason.

Comment

Glad you got it working...
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerL View Post

I never tried to add it without security, it was just not fully connecting for whatever reason.
            Yep same. What ultimately worked for me, was completely disassembling the lock, walking over to the z-wave controller, and setting it up there. Then re-installing it on the door.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post

It's because both the inclusion and exclusion process requires direct line of site. The regular use of the lock with z-wave is facilitated by the mesh network.
              Hmmmm, so this presents a bit of a problem. I bought the homeseer motion detector that is literally hard-wired into the eve of the roof...(https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...odlight-sensor).

The ZWave controller is on the opposite corner of the house. Is there any sort of hand-held module I can buy to walk up next to the motion sensor and include it without having to try to figure out how to power the wires while standing next to the controller?

I guess it's the opposite as bringing the device next to the controller, I want to bring the controller (or controller tool of some type) next to the device.

Comment

Originally posted by moerderin@gmail.com View Post

Hmmmm, so this presents a bit of a problem. I bought the homeseer motion detector that is literally hard-wired into the eve of the roof...(https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...odlight-sensor).

The ZWave controller is on the opposite corner of the house. Is there any sort of hand-held module I can buy to walk up next to the motion sensor and include it without having to try to figure out how to power the wires while standing next to the controller?

I guess it's the opposite as bringing the device next to the controller, I want to bring the controller (or controller tool of some type) next to the device.
                Z-Net and a portable battery to power it work great.

Comment

[mention]jeanv [/mention]

Does anyone know:

It sounds like you can manage codes in the locks root device but I’m wondering if you can enable and disable lock codes via an event? I’m wanting to create a code for a neighbor but only want it to be enabled when we are on vacation or enable the house cleaners code on the day/time that we expect them to arrive? Is this possible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                    [mention]jeanv [/mention]

Does anyone know:

It sounds like you can manage codes in the locks root device but I’m wondering if you can enable and disable lock codes via an event? I’m wanting to create a code for a neighbor but only want it to be enabled when we are on vacation or enable the house cleaners code on the day/time that we expect them to arrive? Is this possible?

I tested this once. I created an event to add a lock code at 12:00 PM, and then remove the lock code at 4:00 PM using Z-Wave actions. It worked perfectly.
                    You can't enable/disable codes, only add and remove them.

Comment

Originally posted by QuikDraw View Post

I tested this once. I created an event to add a lock code at 12:00 PM, and then remove the lock code at 4:00 PM using Z-Wave actions. It worked perfectly.
                      You can't enable/disable codes, only add and remove them.
                      Would you mind sharing how you set up the event to add and remove the lock codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Would you mind sharing how you set up the event to add and remove the lock codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuikDraw View Post
                          Thank you! Very helpful!
                          Plugin's:

Comment

jeanv, can you provide more information about "...AND my phone sees the iBeacon (within 60 seconds..means it is close to the door)...?" How is this implemented? How does HomeSeer know that your phone saw the iBeacon within the past 60 seconds? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
                              jeanv, can you provide more information about "...AND my phone sees the iBeacon (within 60 seconds..means it is close to the door)...?" How is this implemented? How does HomeSeer know that your phone saw the iBeacon within the past 60 seconds? Thanks!
                              He is using an app called Geofency on his phone with an HS3 plugin called PHLocation. Geofency works with both iBeacons as well as geofences. When he enters a geofence it lets HS know which person has entered the fence and then when he gets close to the iBeacon, the Geofency app will send another message to HS.

Geofency doesn’t have any monthly subscription, unlike some of the other solutions, and has been working great for us, unfortunately the plugin developer no longer supports PHLocation so it looks like HS has removed the plugin from their list. It does still work with HS4 but unless you already installed it, you might not be able to use it.

Plugin's:

Comment

The Profit, thanks for this information. Since Geofence appears to support web hooks, I wonder if similar functionality to PHLocation could be implemented via the BIG5 or BIG6 plugins? In the meantime, I'm experimenting with a combination of motion detectors and HSBuddy geofencing.

Comment

Working...
                                X