Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
    The Profit, thanks for this information. Since Geofence appears to support web hooks, I wonder if similar functionality to PHLocation could be implemented via the BIG5 or BIG6 plugins? In the meantime, I'm experimenting with a combination of motion detectors and HSBuddy geofencing.
    PHLocation used to have a lot more functionality than just Geofency but the iPhone and Android features have dropped due to security changes that have been made.

Even though PHLocation still works with Geofency, it might be time to move on to a new plugin just to have the support. Thanks for the suggestion!

Motion detectors might be a little better than the iBeacons as Bluetooth can obviously reach beyond walls. I guess it depends on the use case. I use iBeacons in each car. When my phone enters my home geofence and I’m also in my car then it opens my garage door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Based on the reviews here I got the Yale Assure SL lock.
      Really easy to swap out the old lock and install. Z-Wave pairing was also smooth.

Originally posted by QuikDraw View Post

I too have logging times 1 hour ahead.
      When I rescan the locks (I have 2 of them) Homeseer reports that they support setting the time, and it shows the correct local CST time in the rescan log.
      At first I thought it was just one of the locks with the issue because I was having trouble with rescan saying it failed attempting to set the time. But I've since been able to successfully rescan both locks with no errors. And I tested them today, and they are both ahead by one hour.

Does anyone know of a parameter setting that can be sent to these locks to send them a time setting?
      I'm having the same issue with the logging time 1 hour ahead.
      It's not a major issue.

I did find the Yale Assure Lock SL user guide which has Z wave parameters but nothing you can't already set.
      https://www.yalehome.com/au/en/docum...structions.pdf

Did anyone find a solution?

DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I am seeing the same issue on one of my three Yale Assure SL Locks with a time difference... I am not sure why it happens and what makes that one lock different from the others..
        ---------------------------------------------------
        Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
        jean@vaneskahian.com
        ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Similar behavior with one of my Assure Lock SL's - time reported in the 'logging' device is consistently 13 minutes behind.

Other two locks don't report any time at all, which is fine by me.

Comment

I am using the Assure Lock Push button Deadbolt with Z-Wave and Kwikset keyway. After reading these posts and playing with HS events, I can now set user PIN's via an event, and retrieve PIN unlock access by email/text. Great!!
            A problem I need to resolve is the lock status display in HS. If I lock the door manually using the inside knob or the outside keypad, I get the correct 'door lock" status on the device page. If I allow the lock to close automatically using the timed function within the lock (now set at 30 sec), the lock/ unlock status continues to show unlocked even though "Access Control Notification​" does show "Auto Lock Locked Operation" . Anyone else having this problem? Seems the only solution is to disable that function entirely within the lock, possibly using 'door closed' status from the door position insteon device to trigger the lock function in HS.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

​​

Comment

@The Profit, I'm very interested in your event: "When my phone enters my home geofence and I’m also in my car then it opens my garage door​" I know nothing about iBeacon devices. Can you direct me to which one you use in the car. Do you need an iPhone app to set it up before you add it to Geofency? I am now using Geofency on my phone with PHLocation. Does PHLocation report iBeacon or do I need another PI? Any advice would be so helpfull.!!

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
                the lock/ unlock status continues to show unlocked even though "Access Control Notification​" does show "Auto Lock Locked Operation" .
                ​​
                Not sure if this would help. It always bugged me that my Yale locks would never update the door lock logging, which is the main status display for my locks, unless I manually updated it. I created an event to auto-update it whenever the status control changes.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	129
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1612443

Comment

Originally posted by QuikDraw View Post

Not sure if this would help. It always bugged me that my Yale locks would never update the door lock logging, which is the main status display for my locks, unless I manually updated it. I created an event to auto-update it whenever the status control changes.
                  Click image for larger version

Views:	129
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1612443
                  I see what your are doing, but you can only view that in the Devices window right?, can't use that to trigger an event, correct?
                  Do you use the timed lock function, and if so, does it report correct lock status?
                  Thanks

Comment

I see what your are doing, but you can only view that in the Devices window right?, can't use that to trigger an event, correct?
                    Do you use the timed lock function, and if so, does it report correct lock status?
                    Thanks
                    What I showed is an event; it's not the devices window. I'm on HS4 4.2.18.5.

I just tried this with my doorknob lock to which I added a 30 second auto-lock.

I added a Z-Wave action to poll the lock when the Access Control Notification changes to Auto Lock Locked Operation.

It works perfectly.

​​Click image for larger version

Views:	134
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1612463

Comment

Thanks QuickDraw for the quick reply. Tried it and worked great!

Comment

OK,
                        so the lock works great and I really liked the ideas from 2 posters, both using iBeacons. Truth be told, I didn't know anything about them, and still don't know much! I have been using Geofency for a long time though. So I purchased a Feasycom teardrop to do some experimenting. I downloaded their app and managed to configure the beacon (I think) and then put the beacon UUID into Geofency. HS4 display now shows the beacon, so that's something. I tried to play with the transmit values to get the range down ( my goal is to put it into my car) but nothing seems to change so the values are now back to default. With the beacon sitting on my desk close to the phone, I get constant 'in range' - 'out of range' notifications from Geofency. I'm totally lost here, thinking this beacon is just crappy, so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

field888 I can't offer any help with the beacons or Geofency. I really don't do "home automation" other than sunset/sunrise lighting triggers. I've never had any interest in things happening automatically based upon my presence or motion, etc. I like home control, not so much home automation.
                          Good luck to you. I'm looking forward to hearing your success once you get it all worked out.

Comment

OK,
                            so the lock works great and I really liked the ideas from 2 posters, both using iBeacons. Truth be told, I didn't know anything about them, and still don't know much! I have been using Geofency for a long time though. So I purchased a Feasycom teardrop to do some experimenting. I downloaded their app and managed to configure the beacon (I think) and then put the beacon UUID into Geofency. HS4 display now shows the beacon, so that's something. I tried to play with the transmit values to get the range down ( my goal is to put it into my car) but nothing seems to change so the values are now back to default. With the beacon sitting on my desk close to the phone, I get constant 'in range' - 'out of range' notifications from Geofency. I'm totally lost here, thinking this beacon is just crappy, so any advise would be greatly appreciated.
                            When I had a beacon in my car it worked best if the power to the beacon turned off and on when the car was on/off. If your car has power to the USB ports all the time, it will make using beacons a lot more difficult. To get your garage open event working, you'll want to create an event where if you enter the home fence and if you have been inside the car fence for at least 10-15 minutes then open the garage. You'll have to play around with the triggers for a while to make sure it works in every situation. Being that it opens you garage, you don't want it opening at the wrong time.

Plugin's:

Comment

@The Profit That makes sence, I'll have to check the car usb power outlets, but I think they are on all the time. I just don't see how I can make it work at all even if the power is controlled if they all work the way mine does now. It sat on my desk about a foot away from the phone and it changed state over 18 times in a 30 minute period. I got discusted​ and turned notifications off in geofency. I don't know if @jeanv​ is still active but he said he uses a beacon near his front door in conjunction with a geofence to open his front door lock which would imply that the beacon is on all the time. That is also something I would like to try.
                              thanks for the info, btw,why are you up so early out in San Diego? 😯

Comment

@The Profit That makes sence, I'll have to check the car usb power outlets, but I think they are on all the time. I just don't see how I can make it work at all even if the power is controlled if they all work the way mine does now. It sat on my desk about a foot away from the phone and it changed state over 18 times in a 30 minute period. I got discusted​ and turned notifications off in geofency. I don't know if @jeanv​ is still active but he said he uses a beacon near his front door in conjunction with a geofence to open his front door lock which would imply that the beacon is on all the time. That is also something I would like to try.
                                thanks for the info, btw,why are you up so early out in San Diego? 😯
                                I would try a different beacon. I used one called RadBeacon from Radius Networks that worked pretty well, not sure if they are still available or not. Since I've purchased a Tesla, I no longer need the beacon to open/close my garage door as it now works with MyQ garage doors and automatically automates that for me.
                                Are you using it with an iPhone or Android? My guess is that the phone is trying to save power by turning the bluetooth connection on/off but I would try a different beacon, my iPhone kept a constant connection while I was in the car. You've figured out the most difficult parts of getting it to work with HS, you just need to find a good beacon.
                                I have trouble sleeping when I have a big project going on at work, so I get up in the middle of the night and think about solutions. Then get on my iPad to find ways to take my mind off of it so I can get back to sleep. Ironically, I do some work automating accounting and financial reporting processes.

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                                X