Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeleFragger
    replied
    {subscribed}

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyMast View Post
    Can someone show me or point to an example Event or script for send the lock and user name via email or text? THX
    Here’s a link to a script: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...-events-script. You can just create events that trigger on changes to the lock’s notification device, but the script eliminates the need for multiple events.

Leave a comment:

• TonyMast
    replied
    Can someone show me or point to an example Event or script for send the lock and user name via email or text? THX

Leave a comment:

• TonyMast
    replied
    Never mind found it. THX

Leave a comment:

• TonyMast
    replied
    Thank You Sparkman. Would you be able to tell me where the User names and unlock/lock & times are stored (or how to retrieve them)? Do you know why User access (on config page) has no names? And finally do you know where I can get some documentation on this kind of stuff, instead of asking 100 more questions on the forum? Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyMast View Post
    Anyway was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add user names and pins? I'll assume after learning that I will be able to edit & delete.
    Go to the z-wave tab for the lock's root device (the one called Assa Abloy Entry Control) and they can be set there. They can also be added and removed using events.

Leave a comment:

• TonyMast
    replied
    I have the same lock as you and same amount of devices (6). My lock was added in about 3 seconds after I realized I had to have Z NET 2 inches away from it!
    I have my Z-Net right next to the lock and got 6 devices (that I have since renamed)
    No Status
    Node 2 Z-Wave Assa Abloy Entry Control
    No Event
    Node 2 Z-Wave Power Management Notification
    100%
    Node 2 Z-Wave Battery Today
    3:20:03 PM
    Locked using Z-Wave Today at 3:21:48 PM User Code=0
    Node 2 Z-Wave Door Lock Logging Today
    3:22:03 PM
    Get Latest Record
    Unlocked
    Node 2 Z-Wave Door Lock Today
    4:03:35 PM
    Unlock Lock
    Unknown
    Node 2 Z-Wave Access Control Notification Today 4:31:46 PM Change Me

Anyway was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add user names and pins? I'll assume after learning that I will be able to edit & delete.
    Thank You
    PS
    The last one UNKNOWN use to say RF Control (or something to that effect).

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Don't use iPhone but works perfectly fine with Imperihome...

Leave a comment:

• devoir
    replied
    Considering to install several Yale Assure or Schlage Connect door locks. Wanted input on the Yale iPhone app. Anyone got this to work ? If so how?

Devoir

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    My door lock logging times are off by 1 hour, 1 hour ahead of actual time. for example Illegal Code Entered at Keypad Today at 7:11:20 PM User Code=0. Correct time was 6:11:20
    Any ideas on a setting to correct this. Other than this I love the lock so far.

Also noticed when auto lock is enabled, homeseer does not report the change. Still shows unlocked even though the deadbolt is in the locked position. Testing on workbench so not an issue with the deadbolt not seated properly.

Leave a comment:

• mrd10607@yahoo.com
    replied
    Here is a link to a website with instruction to test if your deadbolt/latch on the door is position correctly in the door frame.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/doors...at-wont-close/

In my case I had to use a chisel and a drill bit to make the hole in the door frame deeper.
    I have also noticed I still have the deadbolt sliding against the strike plate in the door frame which results in the YRD256 sometimes locking and reading correctly and sometime not.

For this fix I am still deciding if I want to file the strike plate larger or move it. I have not done either yet.

Leave a comment:

• AgentGladstone
    replied
    Originally posted by mrd10607@yahoo.com View Post
    For anyone working with the Yale YRD256 and the Z-wave module. If you get the lock working but it keeps changing the lock status back to unlocked and the lock actually locked. I found that the issue is the lock is not moving completely into the lock position and is sending a message that it is unlocked. I made the deadbolt hold deeper and the lock now turns 100% of the throw and reports locked correctly.
    How did you do this?

Leave a comment:

• jeanv
    replied
    I am so happy you got it working! Yes a restart should ALWAYS be a full reboot of the device and not just a disconnection and re-connection of the network cable. I love the lock, I now have 3 of them and they all work great!

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Well got I got my lock added with all 6 devices. What I did differently this time was, restart my Z-Net - though my idea of restarting it is unplugging and re-plugging it in - I'm not sure if this is the approved or recommended way, nonetheless, added the lock with security. This worked first off... Go figure...

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Thanks … glad to know that version works. I tried for the 3rd time with the body of the lock physically touching my Z-Net. Still only one device created. It appears the unit is defective. I'm getting a replacement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X