Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Yale Assure Lock SL Z-Wave Door Lock Works AWESOME with HomeSeer and Z-Net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuikDraw
    replied
    Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
    My door lock logging times are off by 1 hour, 1 hour ahead of actual time. for example Illegal Code Entered at Keypad Today at 7:11:20 PM User Code=0. Correct time was 6:11:20
    Any ideas on a setting to correct this. Other than this I love the lock so far.
    I too have logging times 1 hour ahead.
    When I rescan the locks (I have 2 of them) Homeseer reports that they support setting the time, and it shows the correct local CST time in the rescan log.
    At first I thought it was just one of the locks with the issue because I was having trouble with rescan saying it failed attempting to set the time. But I've since been able to successfully rescan both locks with no errors. And I tested them today, and they are both ahead by one hour.

Does anyone know of a parameter setting that can be sent to these locks to send them a time setting?

Leave a comment:

• ArthurLevinson@aol.com
    replied
    How are you getting all these features via Home Seer? I see only a few of these options on the HS Devices screen. Is there a plugin you are using or a 3rd party app?

Leave a comment:

• randman
    replied
    Originally posted by randman View Post
    The specs for the Yale Assure Lock SL says that it supports HomeKit, Alexa, Google, SmartThings, Zigbee, Z-Wave Plus. I use HomeSeer with Z-NET and I also use HomeKit (some of my devices work with HomeKit directly, while other devices, such as Z-Wave devices, are exposed to HomeKit using homebridge). My question is: does the Yale Assure Lock SL support all these protocols (HomeKit, Alexa, Google, Z-Wave Plus, etc.) natively, or you need specific modules for specific protocols? If the lock can support these protocols natively, then can the lock be controlled via Z-Wave Plus and also via HomeKit (w/o homebridge), or do you have to pick a specific protocol that the lock will work with?
    I found the answer online at Yale's web site:

"Which Yale locks work with voice assistants? (Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri)

All Assure Locks with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Upgrade Kit, work with all three voice assistants.

Assure locks using a HomeKit Smart Module will work with Siri

Assure Locks with a Z-Wave Plus Smart Home Module are compatible with Amazon Alexa enabled products via a compatible Smart Home Hub. Compatible hubs include, but are not limited to, Samsung SmartThings and Wink.

Assure Locks with a ZigBee Smart Home Module are directly compatible with the new Amazon Echo Plus. No additional Hub is required."

Leave a comment:

• randman
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    I'm not sure about the others, but my z-wave plus is rock solid with this thing. If you want Zigbee, you'll need to order the Zigbee module. I also use Alex with it. Though, to unlock, you need to specify using another word other than "unlock". Unlock is not allowed for security reason... so,I do so with Jon's helper. Though, to be honest, I don' do it much. You could create a routine in the Alexa app as well. For me, this lock works perfectly and never misses a beat while reporting battery status everyday. I just changed my first set of batteries that came with it when I installed in July '19.

Robert
    Thanks for the info. My front door currently has an old Kwikset Z-Wave deadbolt and a Schlage Z-Wave lever lock. I used two different vendors (Kwikset and Schlage) since these particular models were both able to fit in the same door (which is a challenge in general for smart locks given how huge they are). I'm looking to get new locks for a new door, so the Yale Assure Lock SL is a top candidate for the deadbolt. Ideally, I'd also like a lever lock, and the Yale assure lever (model YRL256) is a candidate. However, I'm not sure I can fit both the Yale Assure Lock SL (deadbolt) and the Yale Assure Lever in the same door. I'll have to take measurements, since the door holes may be too close. A lot of folks just put a smart deadbolt and a non-locking lever door knob. However, I prefer to have both the deadbolt and the lever be smart locks. If I have contractors that need to enter my home, I leave the deadbolt unlocked and I give them the code for the lever lock. This way, I can leave the deadbolt locked when I don't want to give grant access to folks who have a code to the lever lock (but not the deadbolt code).

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I'm not sure about the others, but my z-wave plus is rock solid with this thing. If you want Zigbee, you'll need to order the Zigbee module. I also use Alex with it. Though, to unlock, you need to specify using another word other than "unlock". Unlock is not allowed for security reason... so,I do so with Jon's helper. Though, to be honest, I don' do it much. You could create a routine in the Alexa app as well. For me, this lock works perfectly and never misses a beat while reporting battery status everyday. I just changed my first set of batteries that came with it when I installed in July '19.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• randman
    replied
    The specs for the Yale Assure Lock SL says that it supports HomeKit, Alexa, Google, SmartThings, Zigbee, Z-Wave Plus. I use HomeSeer with Z-NET and I also use HomeKit (some of my devices work with HomeKit directly, while other devices, such as Z-Wave devices, are exposed to HomeKit using homebridge). My question is: does the Yale Assure Lock SL support all these protocols (HomeKit, Alexa, Google, Z-Wave Plus, etc.) natively, or you need specific modules for specific protocols? If the lock can support these protocols natively, then can the lock be controlled via Z-Wave Plus and also via HomeKit (w/o homebridge), or do you have to pick a specific protocol that the lock will work with?

Leave a comment:

• AllenEagleFan
    replied
    I have a few Yale Z-wave locks, YRD256, and they all are the same version.

Yale version info

I called Yale on two occasions and they are unable to tell me what the current version of the firmware is and they also said they do not have any firmware posted for download. Both Yale customer service representatives claimed any firmware updates for their product would be furnished by my hub manufacturer, HomeSeer, and not Yale. All of the manufacturers of my other Z-Wave products post firmware for their customers. I am not sure why Yale appears to be so clueless.

Does anyone know what the current version of firmware is or found a site where Yale firmware updates will be posted?

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    {subscribed}

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyMast View Post
    Can someone show me or point to an example Event or script for send the lock and user name via email or text? THX
    Here’s a link to a script: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...-events-script. You can just create events that trigger on changes to the lock’s notification device, but the script eliminates the need for multiple events.

Leave a comment:

• TonyMast
    replied
    Can someone show me or point to an example Event or script for send the lock and user name via email or text? THX

Leave a comment:

• TonyMast
    replied
    Never mind found it. THX

Leave a comment:

• TonyMast
    replied
    Thank You Sparkman. Would you be able to tell me where the User names and unlock/lock & times are stored (or how to retrieve them)? Do you know why User access (on config page) has no names? And finally do you know where I can get some documentation on this kind of stuff, instead of asking 100 more questions on the forum? Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyMast View Post
    Anyway was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add user names and pins? I'll assume after learning that I will be able to edit & delete.
    Go to the z-wave tab for the lock's root device (the one called Assa Abloy Entry Control) and they can be set there. They can also be added and removed using events.

Leave a comment:

• TonyMast
    replied
    I have the same lock as you and same amount of devices (6). My lock was added in about 3 seconds after I realized I had to have Z NET 2 inches away from it!
    I have my Z-Net right next to the lock and got 6 devices (that I have since renamed)
    No Status
    Node 2 Z-Wave Assa Abloy Entry Control
    No Event
    Node 2 Z-Wave Power Management Notification
    100%
    Node 2 Z-Wave Battery Today
    3:20:03 PM
    Locked using Z-Wave Today at 3:21:48 PM User Code=0
    Node 2 Z-Wave Door Lock Logging Today
    3:22:03 PM
    Get Latest Record
    Unlocked
    Node 2 Z-Wave Door Lock Today
    4:03:35 PM
    Unlock Lock
    Unknown
    Node 2 Z-Wave Access Control Notification Today 4:31:46 PM Change Me

Anyway was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add user names and pins? I'll assume after learning that I will be able to edit & delete.
    Thank You
    PS
    The last one UNKNOWN use to say RF Control (or something to that effect).

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Don't use iPhone but works perfectly fine with Imperihome...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X