Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get the “has been in the range for at least” trigger to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get the “has been in the range for at least” trigger to work?

I am trying to build logic to operate a heating system using a temperature sensor. One of the things you want to avoid is rapid cycling a heater. There is an HS3 function that seems tailor made for exactly this...testing that a value has been within a range for a period of time.

Unfortunately, I cannot make thins function work...mostly because there doesn’t seem to be any way to set the upper and lower values of the range. (See screen shot.)

Any suggestions?

SeattleDavid - I don't see the trigger you mentioned in HomeSeer and I can't see your screenshot (was it posted incorrectly) but there is a similar trigger in the Easy Trigger plugin for testing if a device has been in a range "for exact" (rather than "for at least"). If you haven't tried that plugin's version, I recommend you take a look and see if it can work for you (the plugin itself is quite useful and the cost is reasonable).

Comment

Has been in range for at least can’t be a trigger. It is a condition.

what I do is set a recurent event evry x time to look if a ‘’at least’’ condition is true ,

ex:

triger every 5 minutes

condition: this devices has been in range of 1-100 for at least 10 minutes .

If this is true then the action of the event will take place

Comment

Working...
      X