HomeSeer Smart Mirror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeSeer Smart Mirror

I added a smart mirror to my master bath and I thought I would share some details in case anyone was interested in doing this. There are many ways to create your own mirror using a 2-way mirror and a monitor, but I choose to purchase one with a monitor already attached. The mirror was purchased from MirrorVue here:

https://www.evervuestore.com/product...-single-sinks/

The monitor includes terminals for speakers and mirror has 2 speakers built in. I connected some external speakers mounted in the ceiling and it powered them as well as the internal speakers without an issue.

You can select different monitor sizes and I choose the 22" one which is mounted in the lower center of the mirror. The monitor includes an Android TV box that you can use, but it does not work well and the air mouse remote is hard to use. So I ditched that and installed an Amazon Fire TV stick, that is ideal. The HSTouch client for Android has been modified so you can use the DPAD on the remote to navigate and select your controls. The release is here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes

Note: To install HSTouch onto the Fire TV use the Android App Apps2Filre on your phone or tablet, it will install it for you.

The monitor has a single USB connector that I connected the Fire TV power cable to and this supplies the power to the Fire stick so no extra power wiring was needed.

I then created a custom project that displays information like some news headlines, the current weather and the forecast, and some controls for some devices. I am constantly adding more stuff as I see the need. Picture attached. I would be happy to post the project if anyone is interested in something to start with.
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Wow!!!!

If I may add, it would be nice to view a pop up of the doorbell camera or more like one can do with the Kodi plugin! I'm so having one of these!

And for the updated link for the beta 1.0.166.apk is not posted but thank you adding this to HomeSeer.

Eman.

Comment

Sorry, link is updated for the HSTouch APK.

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      Wow!!!!

If I may add, it would be nice to view a pop up of the doorbell camera or more like one can do with the Kodi plugin! I'm so having one of these!

And for the updated link for the beta 1.0.166.apk is not posted but thank you adding this to HomeSeer.

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        … I would be happy to post the project if anyone is interested in something to start with.
        Rich, I would be interested in a copy of the project you used for this.
        Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Here is the project for HSTouch that I used.
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you post a picture of it installed ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
              Can you post a picture of it installed ?
              There's one in the 1st post.
              -Wade

Comment

Working...
              X