Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer should make a EU Z-wave controller and/or interface!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer should make a EU Z-wave controller and/or interface!

I'm not sure what is causing these problems, but for us here in the EU we have a serious problem:
    We currently do not have a good Z-wave interface!

I'm one of the lucky ones: When HS first released the EU version of the Z-NET I jumped on it. It's the one with the onboard chip instead of relying on the UZB1 device. And it is fantastic! I really love it, it's fast and reliable and is, after all, a HS-product.

Sadly, these are not produced any more. Even the EU version of the Z-NETs and Zee2s are now sold with the UZB1. That was OK, after all the UZB1 isn't a bad interface.

But now we have this, rather idiotic problem:

One of the strengths of HomeSeer is that Z-wave backup and restore of Z-wave interfaces have been built in, and are now even automatic when you include or exclude nodes. Not having the option to restore a Z-wave configuration to a controller is not really acceptable.

I'm not sure who is to blame. Restoring to the UZB1 with plugin version up to .190 was working fine, but now it does not for some reason. As far as I know, Z-wave.me is blaming HS and HS is blaming Z-wave.me. It's stupid, I know, and it does not really resolve anything.

And so, to the point:
    I really wish HomeSeer would make EU and AU versions of their controllers and interfaces!
    Make the controller usable with anything (Home Assistant, OpenHAB, whatever) and price it reasonably, and it could dominate the world when it comes to interfaces.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

+1
    I have a Aeon labs zwave stick (old) and the battery is dead so i have to start from scratch when i want to replace it, the only available eu sticks Are going to give me the same problem one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      I'm not sure what is causing these problems, but for us here in the EU we have a serious problem: We currently does not have a good Z-wave interface!

I'm one of the lucky ones: When HS first released the EU version of the Z-NET I jumped on it. It's the one with the onboard chip instead of relying on the UZB1 device. And it is fantastic! I really love it, it's fast and reliable and is, after all, a HS-product.

Sadly, these are not produced any more. Even the EU version of the Z-NETs and Zee2s are now sold with the UZB1. That was OK, after all the UZB1 isn't a bad interface.

But now we have this, rather idiotic problem:

One of the strengths of HomeSeer is that Z-wave backup and restore of Z-wave interfaces have been built in, and are now even automatic when you include or exclude nodes. Not having the option to restore a Z-wave configuration to a controller is not really acceptable.

I'm not sure who is to blame. Restoring to the UZB1 with plugin version up to .190 was working fine, but now it does not for some reason. As far as I know, Z-wave.me is blaming HS and HS is blaming Z-wave.me. It's stupid, I know, and it does not really resolve anything.

And so, to the point:
      I really wish HomeSeer would make EU and AU versions of their controllers and interfaces!
      Make the controller usable with anything (Home Assistant, OpenHAB, whatever) and price it reasonably, and it could dominate the world when it comes to interfaces.
      So, do you also use Z-wave.me? If so why not try MQTT? That's how I run my Z-wave and don't have any problems with it. I bought two z-net interfaces (EU) from HomeSeer and they are still in their boxes somewhere in my tool room gathering dust.

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
        So, do you also use Z-wave.me?
        No, HomeSeers Z-wave support is usually excellent, and I seen no reason not to use it. We just need a good interface.

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          No, HomeSeers Z-wave support is usually excellent, and I seen no reason not to use it. We just need a good interface.
          Completely agree

Comment

+1
            Would buy a Z-net EU version in a heartbeat!
            With built in interface offcourse.

Comment

+1

Comment

+1

Comment

I need to recommend a Zwave interface for a friend who is just about to start with HS. I thought he could still get a Znet with EU frequency via the HS shop in the US. I hope I am right, as I wanted a backup for my Znet too at some point...

Comment

Working...
                  X