Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vb.net Create event

Hey everyone was wondering if anyone can answer a question:

I have created an event inside of my plugin. Used NewEventEx, works great m event is there.

I see functions to add actions (Turn device on) and set timer to but my event needs "When device value changes" Like you do when create an event manually.

Anyone know how to do this via code? I have been searching and searching and cant find anything. Thanks.

Not currently supported. HS2 had commands for all of that and Rich said he hopes to get those into HS3, but to date they are not. I needed the PluginFunction one for my plugin, had to go a different way...

Comment

OK, Thanks stops me from searching I think i will do this:

I notice in the moskus (Spelling?) example he has a thread timer to update random value to a device. I am going to create one that checks status if device.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bpryde View Post
        OK, Thanks stops me from searching I think i will do this:

I notice in the moskus (Spelling?) example he has a thread timer to update random value to a device. I am going to create one that checks status if device.

Thanks.
        What I did was use memory based event (written to disk occasionally once a minute if changed) for my events that occur in less than N minutes (set to about 4 hours). For longer events I do create an event, but the event action is to run a script with a custom parameter. The script simply calls my plugin via PluginFunction. It works but as I had to do this and have been firming up the in memory system I may simply change to that everywhere.

Careful using timers, some versions of Mono leak memory (per Rich) with timers. Fixed (AFAIK) in newer versions, so if you have people running into memory issues, keep this in mind.

Comment

ok thanks. plugin is for personal use but good to know.

Comment

Working...
          X