Issues after power outages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues after power outages

We sometimes brief power outages(few seconds). The HS PC is connected to a UPS so it doesn't shut off, however every-time this happens i lose some functionality in HS. For one HSTouch will not work from any device. Webinterface no longer work from remote computer but work from PC that HS is installed on. This almost sound like it's losing network connection, however I can still access it remotely via teamviewer so it still connected to network. Restarting HS doesn't solve the issue. I have to restart the PC. Last night I had to restart it twice. Any idea what is causing this.

Originally posted by freeon View Post
    We sometimes brief power outages(few seconds). The HS PC is connected to a UPS so it doesn't shut off, however every-time this happens i lose some functionality in HS. For one HSTouch will not work from any device. Webinterface no longer work from remote computer but work from PC that HS is installed on. This almost sound like it's losing network connection, however I can still access it remotely via teamviewer so it still connected to network. Restarting HS doesn't solve the issue. I have to restart the PC. Last night I had to restart it twice. Any idea what is causing this.
    How are your devices connected to Homeseer? If they are connected over WiFi, do you have your modem/router/wifi powered via the UPS as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Have you tried plugging your router into the UPS too?

Comment

No the router is not powered true the UPS. There not in the same room. Yes my devices with HSTouch are all WiFi. If connection is restored why would not connect?

Comment

No the router is not powered true the UPS. There not in the same room. Yes my devices with HSTouch are all WiFi. If connection is restored why would not connect?
          Once your WiFi power goes out then there is no way for Homeseer to communicate to your HSTouch clients that are on the WiFi . Do you have Homeseer setup on a static up address? Could be once power is restored, the computer is grabbing a different IP address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Plugin's:

Comment

Does your HS system have a static IP or a persistent DHCP lease?

Comment

Static. And if I remote connect with windows remote desktop after power outages with static IP it connects.

Comment

Static. And if I remote connect with windows remote desktop after power outages with static IP it connects.
                When you use Remote Desktop, are you sure you are using the computers IP address and not the computer name? If you use the computers name then Remote Desktop will just find it on your network regardless of its IP address.

What devices are you using the HST client on? Are they static or is everything else on your network DHCP? Wondering if your HST clients are having IP conflict issues? It’s the only thing that makes sense with the information that you’ve posted thus far.

Plugin's:

Comment

Remote desktop is connecting with IP. Running HSTouch on laptop and android tablet. They both have DHCP. I'll add static IP to laptop to see if it fixes. However if it was IP conflict would it give me other issues. Such as connect to remote pc's or even internet. I have not noticed any other issues.

Comment

Remote desktop is connecting with IP. Running HSTouch on laptop and android tablet. They both have DHCP. I'll add static IP to laptop to see if it fixes. However if it was IP conflict would it give me other issues. Such as connect to remote pc's or even internet. I have not noticed any other issues.
                    I would leave the laptop on DHCP so that it won’t have any IP issues in the future.....unless you reserve the IP in your router.

If you have frequent power outages, I would suggest putting your router/wifi on UPS to help with these issues.

Anyone else have ideas what to check for the client issue?

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                      I would suggest putting your router/wifi on UPS to help with these issues.
                      +1
                      This does seem like it might be a router issue.
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This was also happening to me. I eliminated the problem by assigning fixed IP addresses to both the Homeseer server and all of the clients.

I prefer to use DHCP reservation rather than static IP addresses, easier to set up (and less of a problem in the future is you ever replace your router).

Comment

Working...
                        X