Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa is saying the wrong temp setting on stat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexa is saying the wrong temp setting on stat?

Anyone is having this issue? When I ask Alexa what's the the thermolstat temp, she responses back 22 degree when it's actually 72 degrees Fahrenheit... Anybody seen this with your Alexa?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Sounds like you Alexa is set to Celsius units rather than Fahrenheit, but temperature is correct, just units are wrong. Change your units to Fahrenheit and you'll be happy.

Comment

Just to clarify, the settings are in your Echo account. Use the app or alexa.amazon.com and go to settings, then device settings. Pick your Echo device and change the units of measure.

https://alexafaq.com/guide-how-to-ch...it-or-celsius/
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by loliver View Post
        Sounds like you Alexa is set to Celsius units rather than Fahrenheit, but temperature is correct, just units are wrong. Change your units to Fahrenheit and you'll be happy.
        I checked that before posting this issue. The setting are set to Fahrenheit .
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

22 degrees celcius is aprox. 72 dedees fahrenheit. Could that be the problem?

/joZ

Comment

I've flip flopped between the two without any problem. Being in Canada we're metric but my wife being from the U.K. likes imperial which is fine with me for internal temps. But I configure alexa metric so I can get outdoor temps in metric since all weather reporting is metric. Saying that if I want alexa to change the thermostat, I either tell her directly to set the stat to 22 or I use John's helper and tell homeseet to set it to 71 or 72. ☺
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'm sorry for repeating what everyone already had said. I hadn't updated the browser since the night before when I started to read the thread.
              I hope you find the cause.

Good luck.

/joz

Comment

I may have to check directly on amazon site,sinceI checked the setting on my iPad...
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                  Anyone is having this issue? When I ask Alexa what's the the thermolstat temp, she responses back 22 degree when it's actually 72 degrees Fahrenheit... Anybody seen this with your Alexa?
                  I just noticed the same thing. Looks like an aws update 2 days ago. Not recognizng my tstat via homeseer. If you look at devices on alexa.amazon.com, does your tstat show offline? Mine did. So I forgot it and cannot reccan and add it back. I think its an api issue. anyone else?

Comment

When I try to log on the Amozon site it directs me to downloaded the app which I already have.
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post

I just noticed the same thing. Looks like an aws update 2 days ago. Not recognizng my tstat via homeseer. If you look at devices on alexa.amazon.com, does your tstat show offline? Mine did. So I forgot it and cannot reccan and add it back. I think its an api issue. anyone else?
                      So I was able to add the tstat back. it is a zwave, needed to click the "is light" under the root device in HS. But the temp in the root device is still showing celsius. It is not the alexa device setting they are all F.

The tstat is zwave in HS, alexa uses the HS skill and reads my.hs, the tstat is added. But recently the temp reads back C not F and there is no way to change it. It was working for a long time.

also if I try to change the temp via voice it works. if you try to change temp via alexa app it fails with this log entry "JSON controldevicebyvalue caused an error: Input string was not in a correct format."

The cool and heat temps are backwards, but that has always been like that.

I am pretty sure something changed. Last time something like this happened it took over a month before it got fixed. AWS changed an api last time.

not sure where to begin.
                      Attached Files

Comment

You think it's a HS issue?
                        Hector
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I think AWS changed an API and HS needs to update their v3 connector to accommodate the change. Please take this with a grain of salt I could be completely off base, but that is my professional opinion.

Comment

Just tried mine and it reported -17.8 degree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Attached Files

Comment

Forgot actual temp here in Panama City Beach is a nice 65deg. This worked great a few day ago. I have a thermostat RCS TR-16 connected to the Elk M1G with UltraM1g3 plugin. Worked great before with Alexa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X