Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa is saying the wrong temp setting on stat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same issue here ,just checked the app, and it report Celsius readings..
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I am seeing this same problem.

I am using ZEE S2 controller with Trane XR524 thermostat and recently activated Alexa and an Echo Dot (3rd Gen.) and noticed as soon as I added tstat to Alexa that headings were reversed for Heat & Cool and that Current Temp shows in Celsius in Alexa thermostat display and voice response from Echo.

I also have HS2TOUCH APP on my iPhone and titles and current temperature all display correctly.

Comment

I neglected to add in my last post that I have tried Alexa with each of the HomeSeer skills and am currently using HomeSeer Smarthome skill. I like this skill better because it simplifies voice commands. I had the same results with the display with either skill.

Comment

Originally posted by gwingharry View Post
          I am seeing this same problem.

I am using ZEE S2 controller with Trane XR524 thermostat and recently activated Alexa and an Echo Dot (3rd Gen.) and noticed as soon as I added tstat to Alexa that headings were reversed for Heat & Cool and that Current Temp shows in Celsius in Alexa thermostat display and voice response from Echo.

I also have HS2TOUCH APP on my iPhone and titles and current temperature all display correctly.
          Anyone have any suggestions where to start with getting this fixed. HS ticket maybe for the Alexa skill?

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same problem here.
            Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
              I think AWS changed an API and HS needs to update their v3 connector to accommodate the change. Please take this with a grain of salt I could be completely off base, but that is my professional opinion.
              Was looking for details on the same problem this morning and found your post. I have the same issue here.

I have two Smarthome Insteon thermostats and am using the Insteon Thermostat plugin from nfrobertson along with Mark Sandler's mnsandler Insteon Plugin. The integration to HS3 works just fine. However, my Alexa's are also confused.

Presently Alexa announces the temperature in the celcius number even though the alexa app displays as you describe. Further the Alexa commands to increase or lower the temperature attempt to do something but they always make the wrong decision (it appears that if the thermostats are on AUTO with both heating and cooling setpoints active, Alexa only attempts to change one of them. If you change the thermostat mode to either HEAT or COOL, then it will have one setpoint and alexa can control it but still has the temperature problems).

All in all, I have deleted the thermostat devices from Alexa entirely because it just doesn't work...

Was hoping someone had this all working and a sample configuration.

--Lee III

Comment

Different question: Does anybody have a thermostat via HS that works correctly with Alex ?

Seems like most do not work now but did before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody Sean this resolved.
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I've been having this issue as well

Comment

Is this a V3 thing? That is, with V3 of the Alexa skill, can you ask it for the value of a device(s)? How do you do that if so? Using Jon's helper, I can create a trigger which reads the device because I didn't think this was possible - and it may not be with V2 Alexa skill...
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                        Is this a V3 thing? That is, with V3 of the Alexa skill, can you ask it for the value of a device(s)? How do you do that if so? Using Jon's helper, I can create a trigger which reads the device because I didn't think this was possible - and it may not be with V2 Alexa skill...
                        Yes v3. I have been using it for sometime. Basically check the box “is light” under device properties (doing from memory may be different). Then discovery from Alexa will find the device. You have to have voice command enabled and a name for the voice fields filled out. Then it shows up in Alexa.

For the thermostat. It used to work by saying Alexa what is the thermostat temperature. But regardless of setting it’s always C

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Chuck! This is great information - I'm a bit reluctant to go to V3 since I understand you can't go back to V2 if there are issues and there seems to be from what I see here.
                          Anyway, I'll need to think more about it.

Robert
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Is this problem resolved yet?
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                            X