Loop an event till device is closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loop an event till device is closed

I tried to create this event but no matter what I do, it doesn't work properly. I tried using wait, delay, created even a virtual device to be the in between to delay but I'm missing something. I'm trying to accomplish the below.

If Garage Door = Open for more than (>) 1 hour
    then email "garage open"
    wait 30 minutes
    then loop the event over until it's close to event is no longer true.

Basically I'm wanting to send an alert to email when the garage door is open for more than 1 hour, and continue to email every 30 mins until it's closed. Everytime I try to get this to work it's like I have a runaway loop that's not pausing. I can emails once the even has ran and it send multiple emails every second till I pause the event. I even used a virtual switch to delay the event to loop but still doesn't work. Anyone have experience with something like this? I'm new to homeseer just moved from smart things.

As a new user, take a look at the Events tutorials that forum user has put together here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...le-of-contents. For your specific question, see this sbu-section where he discusses the type of run-away event that you describe: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ue-is?t=172750.

HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here's what I do.

Create an recurring event that fires every 30 minutes.
      IF The event will automatically trigger from the top of the hour every 30m, 0s
      AND IF Household Occupancy Monitor has been AWAY for at least 5m, 0s
      AND IF Garage Door Status has a value equal to Open
      AND IF Garage Motion Sensor has been No Motion Detected for at least 5m, 0s
      Then Speak The Garage Door has been left Open
      Then Send an Email to YourEmail@YourEmail.com
      with the subject Urgent message from HomeSeer

Keep in mind I have a couple extra devices like the motion sensor and the AWAY monitor but if you take them out, this should give you some ideas on how to make it work.
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Working...
      X