Remove Z Wave Device from HomeSeer 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Z Wave Device from HomeSeer 2

I'm sure this is quite straightforward, but I cannot find anything on removing a functioning Z Wave device from Homeseer 2 Pro.

There is information on dead devices or ghost nodes, but nothing on removing healthy devices/nodes from HS2 Pro.

Thank you for any help!

There should be a remove/exclude option under the z-wave plugin's controller info page. Can't remember where exactly as it's been years since I ran HS2. What kind of z-wave interface do you have? If it's the Z-Troller, you could also remove the node from it and then manually delete the associated devices within HS2.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have the Aeon Labs USB Stick. I can't find any exclusion/delete options on the HS software Interface for that device.

Comment

Just found some old HS2 documentation that says:
        The best method for removing devices (nodes) from a HomeSeer Z-Wave network is by using the "remove node" controller function on the "Z-Wave management" page (Setup>interfaces>manage button). This method will remove the node from the controller interface and also remove the associated device from the HomeSeer system status page.
        Does that option not exist for you?
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Look in "Plugins/Z-wave controller"; It is the controller that does the exclusion, not the device(although you need to push the include/exclude "button" on the device after you put the controller in that mode.

Comment

Yes. I just came across that after poking around in HomeSeer.

Its been awhile since I've added Nodes, and I've never manually removed any, but I suppose I click on that remove icon, put the stick in manage mode and take it to the device and push the include(exclude) button on the device.

Thank you for your responses and help. I hope it works.

Comment

Well, that is not working on any of the switches. After I perform the exclusion on the device (simply tap on the rocker paddle-Ge Z Wave switch), the Stick DOES stop flashing as if it received the Exclude command.

However nothing shows up in the Homeseer Zwave controller interface; the Device is still present.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X