Anyone using "alert me" app with Alexa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    thanks for sharing... I was thinking about your request with the door bell.... I think this can be achieved with a routine in the Alexa app. My theory is... have the door bell switch enabled as a device in the Alexa app, then make the routine as follow.

switch : On
    action: there some one in the front door.

the action should be that Alexa says "there some one ect....

I need to test this to be sure...
    As of now that won't work for my Doorbell. I looked in the Alexa app and none of my battery operated device are showing. I am using a z-wave door sensor for my doorbell. What I did was I took a wired door contact for an alarm system and wired it to my z-wave door sensor. I then put the wired door contact next to the coil in my doorbell box in the hallway. When someone rings the doorbell the bellbox creates a magnetic field to ring the doorbell so it also closes the contact on the wired sensor thinking there is a magnet there. I have an event that sends me a text. Then Homseer texts me a picture from my front door camera.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
      I had to redo my post. I left my access code in the screenshot.

I figured it out, the reason I was getting the error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

The message you want to send goes in the Parameters box above the script. Mine was blank so it was returning the error.

Jim
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1269376
      I can't get this to work.

Do you keep the quotes and spaces around the accessCode?

I keep getting this in the log:
      Dec-29 1:36:26 PM msg ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

I can't get this to work.

Do you keep the quotes and spaces around the accessCode?

I keep getting this in the log:
        Dec-29 1:36:26 PM msg ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
        nevermind. I didn't have the entire access code copied. :-)

Comment

Glad you have it working... Here still trying to figure out where to use it.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            Glad you have it working... Here still trying to figure out where to use it.
            Our first use is reminding us when to take the garbage out :-)

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully Amazon puts in an option to just speak and not have to say read Notification. I would like it to say something when my doorbell rings. I have several Echos in the house. I bought a Google Mini and am testing the Chromecast Plug-in. Works great but I like Alexa better plus I don't want to have a bunch of both devices. I will be fine with the one Google Mini in my bedroom now for anouncements. I wanted to create a Event to check all doors and windows at bed time and anounce what was open if any then speak goodnight but with Alexa I get the green ring and I have to say read Notification. A fellow member here sent me a script that does this and speaks on the Google Mini. I made Routine on my Elexa so All I say is Alexa, Goodnight and the script runs and tells me if anything is then says Goodnight on the Google Mini.

Jim

Comment

Hopefully Amazon puts in an option to just speak and not have to say read Notification. I would like it to say something when my doorbell rings. I have several Echos in the house. I bought a Google Mini and am testing the Chromecast Plug-in. Works great but I like Alexa better plus I don't want to have a bunch of both devices. I will be fine with the one Google Mini in my bedroom now for anouncements. I wanted to create a Event to check all doors and windows at bed time and anounce what was open if any then speak goodnight but with Alexa I get the green ring and I have to say read Notification. A fellow member here sent me a script that does this and speaks on the Google Mini. I made Routine on my Elexa so All I say is Alexa, Goodnight and the script runs and tells me if anything is then says Goodnight on the Google Mini.

Jim
                I actually do this via Sonos.

so this is nice as it's an "opt it" for me... instead of just coming on.

Comment

Actually I can see the need for both options. Some would be nice to just anounce and some as a waiting message.

Comment

I use sonos to announce several things detected. Just switched announcing the garage door is open every 10 minutes to sending notification of such to Alexa. Increased WAF.
                    tenholde

Comment

nice feature. Will maybe use it in the coming weeks!

It makes me think about the Jon00 speak package that puts tts in a queue

Comment

I tried this but I'm getting an error in the Log.

ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

I created the script.

Sub Main(ByVal notification As String)
                        dim accessCode = "ACCESS_CODE"
                        dim host = "https://api.notifymyecho.com"
                        dim path = "/v1/NotifyMe?notification="+notification+"&accessCode="+accessCo de
                        dim result = hs.GetURL(host, path, TRUE, 443)
                        hs.WriteLog("msg", result)
                        End Sub

Jim
                        thanks for the scripts.

!

Comment

Here is an updated script that allows you to set a title, which shows up nicely on the Echo show instead of 'Notification from yourself'. Simply change the script parameter to be Title|Message If you don't supply the Title then the script works as before.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Is there a way to direct the announcement to a specific Echo among several in the house? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by snovvman View Post
                              Is there a way to direct the announcement to a specific Echo among several in the house? Thanks.
                              Notify Me uses the Alexa Notification system as provided by Amazon. As you noticed, Alexa Notifications are sent to every Alexa device associated with the user's Amazon account. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't provide any way for developers or users to change this behavior, other than allowing users to put specific Echo devices in Do-Not-Disturb mode to silence them.

Comment

Working...
                              X