Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beerguy
    replied
    I bought both and have been testing them. The downside of the Streamlabs is that it needs power where you mount it, which to be useful needs to be on the main supply line for the house. In my case that wasn't easy. The Flume wraps around the water meter and has a long-life battery so no need to have power nearby. It then transmits to a WiFi hub in the house that needs power. The only downside I can see with the Flume is if you live somewhere that doesn't have metered water supply, or as mentioned earlier you have one of the meters it doesn't work with. There is no way to use it without a meter. The Flume also has been more accurate and gives me more confidence that I've covered all the water supply to my house (irrigation included).

Leave a comment:

• JohnBoy70_99
    replied
    Got one of the Streamlabs about a week ago. Installation was easy, there is a foot long section of exposed pipe in my basement and an outlet nearby. It just straps to the pipe with a couple of tie wraps.

we travel a lot and I have always worried about a random leak happening when we are away, so this is for some peace of mind.

it doesn’t integrate with anything, and there is a question about plans to integrate with IFTTT in the future on Amazon, the manufacture responded No. so if you need to integrate then it may not be a good choice. But it seems to work OK with the available dedicated app. I need to fill a gallon bucket to test it’s accuracy. It seems to be measuring a bit high but I haven’t actually tested that yet.

Leave a comment:

• Grak
    started a topic Water leak detectors from Flumetech and Streamlabs

Water leak detectors from Flumetech and Streamlabs

Looking for comments and experiences with real-time water leak detectors such as Flumetech's Flume and Streamlabs Water Monitor as opposed to standard wet contact water/flood detectors.

These devices actually measure water flow and can send alerts when water has been flowing at specified rates over a period of time. The Flume device mounts on the water meter, so can detect leaks from the meter to all pipes in the house. The Streamlabs device is mounted over your supply line in your home, and after the meter so cannot detect leaks between you water meter and the device.

Both devices are WiFi, both are strapped on, no plumbing modification required. The Flume does not work on a few models of meters, and may not be approved by your utility (90%+ approval) . The Streamlabs must be mounted on Copper Schedule M & L; PEX; CPVC supply lines. Both cost about $200 USD.

Would love to hear from anyone that uses either of these, pros, cons, etc.

Thanks.....

Working...
X