Hidden Dog Fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Dog Fence

Has anyone found a good interface to a hidden dog fence or a product that would allow you to send a signal when the fence or collar were triggered?

I would love to know if my dog breaks through the hidden fence.

Thanks
    Kevin

Good luck with this one. Very small niche product. Not sure I've seen any with monitoring or "intelligence". Also, you would want to monitor battery levels as well and "state", low/medium/high if possible, not just on/off. I read that something like 30% of the dogs learn that they can lie down close enough to the fence to let it buzz slightly without triggering the "correction" until the battery dies, and then they're gone.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Talk about Pavlov's dog.

Comment

they do make some gps dog collars. You might consider using one of those that could then send an alert to your phone if your dog left the yard
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

The way these work is the collar activates the zapper when it approaches the radio signal produced by the wire. So it would have to be the collar itself that you would communicate with. To my knowledge there are no such devices on the market. That said I've had one since the spring after I got my dog. It's been 100% effective.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Not sure entirely what you are looking for.

However, you could use https://www.whistle.com/ which can set up a GeoFence and send you alerts when the dog leaves the prescribed area. It looks like you can interface it with HomeSeer via IFTTT.

Comment

Thanks Guys...

I think the Whistle or tile might be the way to go...

Comment

Working...
              X