Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic button using echo buttons

I just created these.
    AMazon sells echo buttons 2 for $14 so $7 each, these connect to your echos via Bluetooth and unless pressed don't use power.
    You can now fire a routine on your echo when a particular remote echo button is pressed.

I created this security procedure.
    If a button is pressed the each will turn on a virtual switch on homeseer via the smarthome setting. When that goes on homeseer announces you have 10 seconds to cancel before help is summoned. if you press the button again in the 10 seconds its canceled. If the button remains on for more than 10 seconds another script fires that turns on all the house lights, sends texts out to local freinds ect tells my yale real living lock to deactivate auto relock and then to unlock so that emergency services can get in without breaking down the door.

Hope this helps and gives you ideas, especially if you have an elderly parent with an echo.

http://a.co/d/c7PLUgm < these are the each buttons you can buy
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

This is a good idea. I do something similiar using Ifttt...I yell out "Alexa, trigger emergency" which also turns on lights, unlocks doors, etc. It also sets up a sequence that cause the front porch light to blink, which will help get the first responders to my house.

Comment

I would think that panic buttons should be hard wired and tied into the security system directly rather than wireless and connected into HomeSeer.

Though these buttons are useful for other things....
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

LOL I just used a routine on alexa so now I can also yell " alexa.. ive fallen and I cant get up"
        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
          I would think that panic buttons should be hard wired and tied into the security system directly rather than wireless and connected into HomeSeer.

Though these buttons are useful for other things....
          I dont use a security system plus this is more customizable

Comment

Can elaborate on how you did this? Which skill and how you tied a specific button to a device?

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
              I am a little leery of depending on a hard wired button. What if I really have fallen and can't get up? Might not be able to get to that button. But I could probably still yell at Alexa.

Can elaborate on how you did this? Which skill and how you tied a specific button to a device?
              You have to utilize the Alexa (or in my case IFTTT) to trigger an event in Homeseer. There are instruction on how to get Alexa to trigger events, and there are instructions on how to get that button to function an Alexa routine.

Comment

I’d have an event to toggle the alarm status and a routine to trigger the event. Using ifttt just adds another cloud service that can fail. Honestly for something mission critical using something that talks directly to HomeSeer like an esp8266 would be better. You can buy lit arcade buttons and tie it all together nicely including using the RGB to show system status.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
                  no skill needed the routines on alexa now have the option of being triggered by an alexa button. so when triggered it simply turns on a virtual device that in turn runs an event. look under routines in your Alexa app on your phone

Comment

Working...
                  X