Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSTouch default weather not working anymore ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch default weather not working anymore ?

The default weather function no longer seems to function on HSTouch... I am using a valid zip code, yet all I see is the word "text" for all my weather data on my iphone.

Did something happen how Homeseer enables this ?

If your "default" weather (I think it changed a few times) is Weather Underground and you don't have a weather station reporting to WU, they (Weather Underground) have stopped allowing you weather data.

Comment

Seems like it is back working again... but different scripting, graphics. I believe it uses World Weather Online.

I am using the built-in "Weather" screen for HSTouch which uses the weather.homeseer.com URL, see attached...

I'm new to API for RSS, so not sure of the details.

Click image for larger version  Name:	weather.PNG Views:	2 Size:	6.0 KB ID:	1273193

Comment

I have noticed similar changes. Here in Canada we use metric units, and yesterday I got decimal values for the temperatures like 1.2 degrees. Now today (the 14th) the text has changed to "get key at www.apixu.com" and temps are all zero. I hope they are still trying to sort this out?

Comment

See https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=1276037
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Al - your link is broken. Here is the information: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...3touch-weather

In a nutshell, we'd been using Yahoo weather but they shut down their API. We've switched to apixu.com. If you sign up for a free apixu weather key and put that into your HSTouch settings (network settings page in HS3), then your weather will work again.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Al - your link is broken. Here is the information: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...3touch-weather
              Thanks Mark, looks like links within Tapatalk don't translate properly anymore between it and the main site. When I follow that link in Tapatalk, it takes me to the right page.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Thanks Mark, looks like links within Tapatalk don't translate properly anymore between it and the main site. When I follow that link in Tapatalk, it takes me to the right page.
                Tapatalk is vBulletin's Kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Tapatalk is vBulletin's Kryptonite.
                  Lol

Comment

Thanks Mark, but where was this Yahoo weather previously documented ? All the information I had seen was referring to World Weather Online... I saw no FAQ or any previous information about Yahoo weather being used. Sorry, just frustrated as I spent lots of time trying to understand/fix my weather on HSTouch when it suddenly stopped on Jan 4th.....

At this point, I decided to open an API account with World Weather Online, and update any changes using HSTouch Designer ...that way I can manage it myself when the Homeseer weather API companies change.

I tried WeatherXML but gave up as my skills are not good enough with Homeseer, scripting, etc. to get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by chargernut69 View Post
                      Thanks Mark, but where was this Yahoo weather previously documented ? All the information I had seen was referring to World Weather Online... I saw no FAQ or any previous information about Yahoo weather being used. Sorry, just frustrated as I spent lots of time trying to understand/fix my weather on HSTouch when it suddenly stopped on Jan 4th.....

At this point, I decided to open an API account with World Weather Online, and update any changes using HSTouch Designer ...that way I can manage it myself when the Homeseer weather API companies change.

I tried WeatherXML but gave up as my skills are not good enough with Homeseer, scripting, etc. to get it working.
                      Here's what to do:
                      1. Run the Designer and open an existing stock product (like "320x480-Portrait.xml").
                      2. Open another instance of the Designer with your own project.
                      3. Now, just copy each weather element from the stock project to yours.
                      4. Obtain an API key from apixu.com. The key should be roughly 30 characters long (give or take a character or two).
                      5. Open HS3, navigate to the Setup > Network page and enter the new key in the field labeled "WorldWeatherOnline API key". Don't worry about the name!
                      6. Bingo Bango Bongo... should be working for you now!

Comment

Ok, thanks Mark... this will provide me with another option.

Comment

Hello Mark --

Got an email yesterday from APIXU stating that effective Oct. 14, they will be switching to weatherstack :

Dear Apixu User,

Great News: Apixu is now weatherstack

After months of preparation, Apixu is now officially relaunching as weatherstack - a new, faster, more capable and completely rebuilt weather API service.

In addition to improved data reliability, consistency and completeness in general, there is a series of new API functionalities that will enhance your user experience and simplify implementation, including 11 years of historical data, translations for 40 languages, bulk queries, hour-by-hour data, astronomy data, location autocomplete, and much more.

Important: API Shutdown on October 14th, 2019

Please note that the Apixu API is now deprecated and scheduled for shutdown on October 14th, 2019. To prevent service disruption in your application, please make sure to switch to the new weatherstack API endpoint as soon as possible.

Just wondering how this will affect the current HSTouch users that are using the APIXU API Key ?

Will I just need to get the new weatherstack API key and enter it on the My Homeseer -- Setup -- HSTouch location for "Weather API Key" ?

Thanks,
                          Jack

Comment

Not event Oct. 14 yet and my HSTouch screens quit showing weather just say the word text now. So far changing to the new api has not worked either

Comment

Our goal with HS3Touch weather has always been to offer it freely. In order to do that, we've supported weather using free API-based services. Unfortunately, weatherstack does not provide weather forecast data in their free plan. So, we're researching alternatives. FYI

Comment

Working...
                              X