Snow, health recovery and credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow, health recovery and credit card

Let’s just say I may as well get the HomeSeer logo tattooed on me... loving the RGB fan switch.

I had to rewire thanks to garbage electrical work and may have fried my old ge switch is there an internal breaker that I can check on it? It has that switch on the bottom that you pull out it didn’t make a difference. Can I use a voltmeter to confirm it’s now shot? Not the end of the world but I do have the time this weekend to tinker

There is no internal breaker. The switch at the bottom is the air gap switch and just kills the power to the unit.

Unfortunatly, if you shorted it out it is probably dead and not repairable.

Comment

Eh fair enough. I should’ve taken a picture of how it was wired. The ceiling light switch had a red load and a black line. The line from that switch was connected to the fan switch which then had black wires coming into its line and load. So yeah I should have labeled things...

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
        Eh fair enough. I should’ve taken a picture of how it was wired. The ceiling light switch had a red load and a black line. The line from that switch was connected to the fan switch which then had black wires coming into its line and load. So yeah I should have labeled things...
        That sounds like it was wired to code for a ceiling fan and light.

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

That sounds like it was wired to code for a ceiling fan and light.
          So it was on me for not labeling wires...

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post

So it was on me for not labeling wires...
            Not sure without seeing it, but does sound like it was to code. Always a good idea to label or take a pic with your phone prior to taking wires loose. Especially when you get into something like 2 ceiling fan/light combos in a shallow 4 gang box. In can be a real mess and you'll swear it will never fit back in the wall. I have an electrician's belt and I keep rolls of red, white and black electrical tape on it for labeling. Not only helps me but also the next guy down the road. Maybe he'll set a beer on my grave for the extra effort.

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

Not sure without seeing it, but does sound like it was to code. Always a good idea to label or take a pic with your phone prior to taking wires loose. Especially when you get into something like 2 ceiling fan/light combos in a shallow 4 gang box. In can be a real mess and you'll swear it will never fit back in the wall. I have an electrician's belt and I keep rolls of red, white and black electrical tape on it for labeling. Not only helps me but also the next guy down the road. Maybe he'll set a beer on my grave for the extra effort.
              Yup lesson learned plus I want to get a tool belt... I think I actually had it wired correctly and it was working but when I went to screw in the switches a wire came loose and crossed them sparked.

Comment

Somehow, I am thinking of Ernest P. Worrell Been there done that

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hah yes!!

Comment

Working...
                  X