erod Motorized Curtains and Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erod Motorized Curtains and Homeseer?

I've been researching motorized curtains for my home and have become very frustrated with how insanely expensive most solutions are.

However I came across erod motorized curtains, which can be had for only ~$120 on amazon: https://amzn.to/2TJkrkX

Their FAQs state they can be controlled by any IR emitter if the proper codes are used: http://myerod.com/faqs/

Has anyone tried integrating these with Homeseer? I can think of a few different ways to try this, but I would prefer to just follow someone's instructions rather than spending the next 3 weeks doing R&D.

I got the RollerTrol ones with the RFXCOM Transmitter about 4 years ago and they go up and down at least 3 times a day and they work great i believe they have newer interfaces like zwave but i needed several blinds so the RFXCOM wasn't as pricey dived between all the blinds
    Automating blinds,shades and other devices in your home does not have to be difficult. Our system has 3 levels of automation that will preserve your initial purchase costs.

Comment

I too have used about a dozen Rollertrol shades with an RFXTRX for years. Works great.

Comment

I purchase Dooya from AliExpress. The ones I selected are 433 MHz and compatible with the RFCOM RfxTrx or Broadlink RM Pro.

Comment

I appreciate the recommendation for rollertrol but looking at their site, I can't find curtain tracks/motors, only individual shades - am I missing something?

Originally posted by brientim View Post
          I purchase Dooya from AliExpress. The ones I selected are 433 MHz and compatible with the RFCOM RfxTrx or Broadlink RM Pro.
          Those look very interesting! alibaba is kind of a mess...do you have a link? I can only find 220v/50hz 433mhz versions but need 110v/60hz. Would MUCH prefer to use a RFCOM (which I know covers my whole house) than rigging a Harmony...

Comment

Search on Aliexpress for Dooya 110V , for example:
            https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...751116801.html

These Dooya remotes are emulated by the RFXCOM - RFXtrx433XL:
            DC305, DC306, DC307, DC313, DC1602, DC1650, DC1651, DC2700
            In the RFXCOM plug-in create a BlindsT6 device on the RFXCOM - Output Devices configuration page.

10.BlindsT6

To add a RFXtrx433/E/XL BlindsT6 device to the blinds motor:
            1. press the "program" button twice on the original remote ==> 2 beeps
            2. transmit the "confirm" command with the RFXtrx433/E/XL ==> 5 beeps
            10.1.Dooya DT52E, DT82TV, DT82TN

• Select a random ID different from all zeroes and a unit code 1 to 15
            • Press the program button on the motor until the LED lights up
            • Transmit a Confirm command
            • The LED on the motor starts blinking
            • Transmit again a Confirm command
            • The LED on the motor blinks 5 times
            • The motor can be controlled now by the RFXtrx433/E/XL

Comment

Working...
            X