Not getting data from AEON HEM Gen5 thru z-stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Avenger, sparkman,

any news on that? Same situation here. Tried everything. Removing and re-adding as well. Nothing helped. Have a Zee S2 with integrated Z-Wave board.

Comment

I opened support ticket with aeon. they suggested different settings for some of the parameters. applied but the problem is still there: only voltage is reported.

Comment

Yep. Voltage reported only when I setup polling manually in the root of the device. Makes no senso to me. Have opened a support ticket with Homeseer as well. Let's see what happens ;-)

Comment

I've used the HEM Gen5 on ZeeS2 and currently on HS3 with a SmartStick+. I just have it show me Volts & Amps cause that's what interests me.
          Here's my screenshots:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Z-wave SmartStick+, HEM Gen5.png Views:	1 Size:	330.2 KB ID:	1282128Click image for larger version  Name:	HEM Gen5 Z-Wave Node Info-1c.png Views:	1 Size:	227.0 KB ID:	1282129
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gosuna for posting your screenshots. Tried to copy your "settings", but except the Volts I got no reports from the HEM. Still waiting for the response of the Homeseer guys...

Comment

Added a few more screenshots and node audits.

Auditing node 21 (Energy Watts Circuit Breaker Panel Aeon Labs Meter HEM Gen5 - Root) ...
              This node supports associations on the following groups:
              Group 1:
              Node 1 Z-Wave SmartStick+ (Node 1)

Auditing node 21 (Energy Volts Circuit Breaker Panel Volts 1 - L1 - HEM Gen5 ) ...
              Group 1:

Auditing node 21 (Energy Amps Circuit Breaker Panel Amperes 1 - L1 - HEM Gen5 ) ...
              Group 1:

Auditing node 21 (Energy Volts Circuit Breaker Panel Volts 2 - L2 - HEM Gen5 ) ...
              Group 1:

Auditing node 21 (Energy Amps Circuit Breaker Panel Amperes 2 - L2 - HEM Gen5 ) ...
              Group 1:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HEM Gen5 Z-wave Associations.png
Views:	242
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	1282564

Name:	HEM Gen5 - Advanced Tab-1.png
Views:	201
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	1282566

Name:	HEM Gen5 - Advanced Tab-2.png
Views:	206
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	1282565

Comment

Thanks again Gosuna. Have compared your screenshots with my settings. Except the fact that the status of the nodes which are not reporting is "Off" instead of "Unknown" or "Dim" (?), I have the same. Homeseer support is not responding. Any other news guys?

Comment

O.K. short update: after chating with an Aeotec engineer who suggested among other things to set these parameters:

Parameter 13 [1 byte] = 0
                  Parameter 3 [1 byte] = 0 //disable threshold reporting
                  Parameter 101 [4 byte] = 1776384 //report clamp 1 + clamp 2 kwh, watt, voltage, current
                  Parameter 111 [4 byte] = 30 //report the above every 30 seconds

and pair/unpair in unsecure or secure mode and to remove the association to the controller, and then re-assign the association again, we went back to roots:

HEM is reporting "Volts 1" and "Volts 2" every 30 sec now. Nothing else...

What is going on?

Comment

Not sure if you figured it out yet or not but I had the exact same issue as you. In order to fix it I had to physically reverse the directions of the clamps on the incoming mains (they still need to point in opposite directions). As soon as I did that I got current readings (I was only getting voltage readings prior to that). I also couldn't get the KWH to report at all until I went to the Zwave tab on the KWH 1 device and set it to poll manually every couple of minutes. Hope this helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by 04special View Post
                      Not sure if you figured it out yet or not but I had the exact same issue as you. In order to fix it I had to physically reverse the directions of the clamps on the incoming mains (they still need to point in opposite directions). As soon as I did that I got current readings (I was only getting voltage readings prior to that). I also couldn't get the KWH to report at all until I went to the Zwave tab on the KWH 1 device and set it to poll manually every couple of minutes. Hope this helps you.
                      That made me check my install notes from last year, sure enough:
                      "Got Aoetec HEM Gen5 CT cables fished thru 1/2" PVC conduit into house.
                      Installed CT1 on L1 with it's arrow towards CB, CT2 on L2 with its arrow away fm CB."

Comment

Originally posted by Gosuna View Post

That made me check my install notes from last year, sure enough:
                        "Got Aoetec HEM Gen5 CT cables fished thru 1/2" PVC conduit into house.
                        Installed CT1 on L1 with it's arrow towards CB, CT2 on L2 with its arrow away fm CB."
                        I had mine technically installed correctly according to the directions, however in my case my phases weren't labeled and if you assume the left side is phase 1 (which I did) and it isn't then everything is installed opposite and the values just cancel out...netting zero current readings.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone gotten this to work with Homeseer? I am trying to get total watts at a given moment and kwH. All I have are rows of 0s. I have a ticket with Aeon as well.

Comment

Has anyone worked out the best way to set these up yet? The only way I could get any readings was by setting up polling on all of the child devices I want to monitor (volts, amps, watts). This is only the second Z-Wave device I have added to Homeseer so I don't really know if polling is OK or what frequency is acceptable before you start generating too much Z-Wave traffic? Seems like the device should just report on changes instead of needing to poll it.

I am also curious how this thing gets its voltage values? There is the power plug that could report the voltage on the leg that the outlet is wired to but I get voltage readings on both sides even when current being drawn is zero. So how does that happen?

I want to use several of these to trigger things based on current draw on major circuits like ovens, dryers, washing machines (not so much interested in monitoring energy usage with them) so I'm hoping somebody can tell me hoe to make them work without polling each child device.

Comment

Here's how Aeotec had me add the ZW095 HEM to get instant reports working:

Try doing this with V1.35:

For Homeseer there are a few settings that you'll need to change to allow this device to work properly on Homeseer HS3:

Pair HEM Gen5 V1.35 using non-secure
                              1. Unpair HEM Gen5
                              2. Re-pair HEM Gen5 using "Non-secure" pairing via Homeseer interface (don't use regular pairing)

---------

Changing Parameter settgs
                              1. Access the root of the HEM Gen5
                              2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Settings.
                              3. Input these parameter settings individually at the bottom:

Parameter 2 [1 byte] = 0 //disable solar
                              Parameter 3 [1 byte] = 0 //disable threshold
                              Parameter 13 [1 byte] = 1 //enable CRC16 encapsulation (Homeseer requires this)
                              Parameter 101 [4 byte] = 1776384 //report all reports on clamp 1 + 2 via group #1
                              Parameter 111 [4 bytte] = 30 //Set the time of report for group #1
                              4. Save this.
                              5. If you are still now getting any readings, move onto the association section below:
                              ---------

Association (steps for is your HEM Gen5 is still not reporting)
                              1. Access the root of the HEM Gen5
                              2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Association.
                              3. Click on "Update" button
                              4. Click on "X" on Node #1 under "Group 1"
                              5. Now click on "Update" button again.
                              6. Input this into

"Device to be Controlled" -HomeSeer
                              "Destination Endpoint" -(No Endpoint)

7. Now click on "Add Association"

Comment

Working...
                              X