• Show
Clear All

What Am I missing

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1276146
    New to HS3. Created an event to make an announcement that when the door is open for more than 1 minute it speaks a message. The problem is it keeps repeated the message over and over. Under option I can select not to re-run for X amount of minutes. Is there some way in the event so it will only run once per door opening. In other words I want it to run each time the door is open but only announce the message once per opening. Thanks

Use This Device Changes and Becomes Open instead.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks. How would I delay this announcement as I only want to have it speak if the door is open more than 1 minute?

Comment

Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
        Thanks. How would I delay this announcement as I only want to have it speak if the door is open more than 1 minute?
        Change the for at least to for exactly. At least will trigger once a second after the time has passed, exactly will trigger just once at the time...

Comment

Change it to Exactly 1 minute instead of at least 1 minute.

Edit: We must have been typing at the same time.
          Dan-O
          HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Lots of learning but a huge improvement over Vera

Comment

I've been using HS for 20 years and I learn something new all the time!
              Dan-O
              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Another approach is to use 'has been open for at least' as the trigger, but specify in the advanced section a 'cannot rerun for' time. For instance if you trigger after the door has been open for at least one minute, then restrict the rerun time to 5 minutes, it will announce at 1 min, then continue to nag every 5 minutes after that. (Of course, if all you want is the initial warning, then the exact time trigger is the way to go.)
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  Another approach is to use 'has been open for at least' as the trigger, but specify in the advanced section a 'cannot rerun for' time. For instance if you trigger after the door has been open for at least one minute, then restrict the rerun time to 5 minutes, it will announce at 1 min, then continue to nag every 5 minutes after that. (Of course, if all you want is the initial warning, then the exact time trigger is the way to go.)
                  I was using a recuring trigger .
                  but i like your idea !. Will change some event

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post

I was using a recuring trigger .
                    but i like your idea !. Will change some event
                    Does this have any repercussions with processor / memory?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post

I do not think cheking conditions every 5 minutes have a big impact. I always stay on low on my pc.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post

Not that I'm aware of. Randy has probably studied the issue as carefully as anyone and concludes that once an event is constructed, it has almost no impact unless it actually runs. That is also my impression. It appears that the triggers, conditions and other constraints are handled very efficiently by HS, so the overhead to evaluate them is negligible.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                          Not that I'm aware of. Randy has probably studied the issue as carefully as anyone and concludes that once an event is constructed, it has almost no impact unless it actually runs. That is also my impression. It appears that the triggers, conditions and other constraints are handled very efficiently by HS, so the overhead to evaluate them is negligible.
                          haha I almost tagged @rprade for that, to confirm. Did it now lol

Comment

Another approach is to use a timer. In the event below, it will trigger after 6 minutes, reset to 5 minutes and if still open, announce and trigger in another minute. This way you could have a 1 minute trigger, reset to 0 and it would trigger again at 1 minute until the door is closed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	736DFC84-5CE2-43FA-8E55-A66B1A2768F0.png
Views:	64
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	1276437
                            Michael

Comment

Working...
                            X