Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12v sensor to ethernet adapter comparable with HS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12v sensor to ethernet adapter comparable with HS.

This might be a weird request. I have a bunch of 12v sensors I am going to install. Currently, I have an ELK m1 that I have connected to HS thru the plugin but I dont need additional arm zones so much. I do have a couple of zone expander boards but I am going to have ethernet in some of the remote locations I want sensors already. The other issue I have is that the ELK to IP board sometimes has a mind of its own and decides to switch to another subnet that isnt on my network. The board is too old to flash and another one costs like $200. In this case I just want to trigger events with motion sensors, break beam sensors, and microwave sensors. Is there an off the shelf item that does this or do I need to rig something up with a raspberry pi or something? Thanks.

Something like these? https://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-.../dp/B002ZV8FVI

Comment

I wonder how hard that is to integrate into HS. I also saw this at the bottom of the page that looks interesting. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZL2SKN...0-ad66db3478f5

Comment

Global Cache devices are easy to integrate into HS as there are a few plugins that support them and the protocol is well understood/documented.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Looks decent but at $100 a pop for three inputs I am probably better off just running a cable to each zone expander that does 16 and getting a new ethernet adapter for my elk.

Comment

They are well built, but yes, they are also pricey. I bought mine used on eBay for quite a bit less.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Good call on ebay. I will probably go with the zone expanders for stuff in or attached to the house and then for the electronic monitoring around the perimeter use these. I am essentially going to have a series of break beam and motion detectors that will control certain groups of lighting. Inside the house after a certain time I want lights to dim in certain rooms and get brighter when someone comes into them.

Comment

Originally posted by kogashuko View Post
                This might be a weird request. I have a bunch of 12v sensors I am going to install. Currently, I have an ELK m1 that I have connected to HS thru the plugin but I dont need additional arm zones so much. I do have a couple of zone expander boards but I am going to have ethernet in some of the remote locations I want sensors already. The other issue I have is that the ELK to IP board sometimes has a mind of its own and decides to switch to another subnet that isnt on my network. The board is too old to flash and another one costs like $200. In this case I just want to trigger events with motion sensors, break beam sensors, and microwave sensors. Is there an off the shelf item that does this or do I need to rig something up with a raspberry pi or something? Thanks.
                Curious - What kind of 12v sensors do you currently have?

Comment

Working...
                X