Monoprice Z-wave RGB Bulb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoprice Z-wave RGB Bulb Question

I am trying to do a Event to change the color of the bulb but all it says is Custom Color when I create the Event. When I click on Custom Color drop down there is a lot to pick but all say Custom Color. Any one have this bulb and know hot to setup the Custom Color?

Thanks
    Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1279485

I have a bunch of these bulbs. They're a bit of a pain in the neck compared with some simpler wifi bulbs, but for the price they're fine.

I have an event that turns two of these bulbs to a shade of purple. What I did to get this to work was work the sliders (the red, green, blue) on the Device Management page until I got the hue I wanted. Then in the scene I set all of these values individually, the warm and cool white values to off, and the overall device to Dim X%.

I could never figure out the Custom RGB values either - the drop down seems incorrect - it should give you a space to put a hex value that you get from the color picker on the Device Management page.

Comment

I didn't like the bulb so I removed it from Homeseeer.

Jim

Comment

Followup for anyone that buys this.

not bad for the price, especially on sale from Monoprice... but does come with some quirks.

There is a place (at least in HS4) to put in a hex code for the custom color under "Custom RGB"... this works fine. HOWEVER, you cannot do this in HS4 Under events... all you get is the image below. (I'll file as bug).

Other quirks. If you set a color through Custom RGB, it does not update any of the individual colors... so if you then "add" more red (e.g.), it will add it to the current color you selected.

Also, but warm and cold white channels completely override any colors. if these are on, no color comes through at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          There is a place (at least in HS4) to put in a hex code for the custom color under "Custom RGB"... this works fine. HOWEVER, you cannot do this in HS4 Under events... all you get is the image below. (I'll file as bug).
          I have the same issue, have you had any update on your bug?

Comment

Originally posted by kevini View Post
            I have the same issue, have you had any update on your bug?
            Nada

Comment

Working...
            X