Rheem EcoNet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rheem EcoNet

Is there any way to link a Rheem water heater with HomeSeer? I have a hybrid water heater with EcoNet and have been curious about that. You can link them with Nest and Alexa.

+1. If a new PI is needed, I would be willing to contribute $ and test support.

Comment

I also have the same water heater and would be interested in contributing $ and testing support. I found the following which may help with creating a new plugin. The code would need to be ported to C#. Probably worth testing this in Postman first to see if it still works:

https://github.com/bspranger/Hubitat...connect.groovy

Comment

Post #3 points out two things.
        1. It appears that Hubitat Elevation has an integration of EcoNet. mcsHubitat supports the Hubitat Elevation
        2. The authorization access to the EcoNet API is bearer. mcsMQTT supports this authorization. I do not know how to obtain the bearer token, but did not look at the groovy code very closely.

Comment

I also have one of these water heaters. I keep noticing the "Econet port" on the side of the control box, and can't help but think that there has to be some way to communicate with it there, as a service tool would. I live way out and internet isn't always reliable here, so I prefer to keep things on the local lan if I can. I'd buy one of those tools if they'd let me!

Comment

Working...
          X