Timers have preset value after RPI reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timers have preset value after RPI reboot

I was wondering if anyone can tell me why when I reboot my RPI that all the timers I use start with random preset values. Even if I set them back to zero and reboot the RPI the same values reappear. It plays havoc with my events whenever the RPI drops offline due to a WIFI outage.

Thought id post this image, reset timers and reboot. Now kitchen timer is 41 days! where is this stored?

Comment

It is my understanding that timers are stored in the database as the actual start time of the timer, then calculated by subtracting the stored time from the current time. As a result the accuracy can be affected by system time. Since a Pi doesn’t have a real time clock with battery backup it’s time will only be correct after booting up, connecting to the internet and acquiring time from a NTP server.

I would test the timers only after verifying that the system time is correct. There is also a RTC for about $8 that can be added to a Pi that will keep the time when powered down.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy, as always your knowledge saves the day. I'll be looking into that RTC me thinks.

Comment

Working...
        X