Door phones- Doorbird vs. Ring. vs. ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmsmithvb View Post

That is why I picked the Nest Hello -- the response time is the best. When I see the alert, I open my phone/tablet immediately -- after things load up I am still able to catch the person standing there or if the FedEx/UPS driver rings the doorbell and leaves, I still have a chance to talk to them if that helps answer your question?
    Does the Nest Hello integrate in to HomeSeer to trigger events, etc?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post

Does the Nest Hello integrate in to HomeSeer to trigger events, etc?

Thanks,

Jim
      Hey Jim,

I tried the Nest plugin but it didn't seem to integrate at all. I did not play with it much. I can try again if my trial is not expired.

Comment

I've attached the screen shot of what is available on the Nest plugin.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've attached the screen shot of what is available on the Nest plugin.
          I'll take a look at it.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I have recently installed a Nest Hello and I'm impressed. It also integrates with BlueIris from a video feed perspective.
            Could you expand on this a little? Does the Nest Hello send the video to Blue Iris directly, or does it get routed through the Nest cloud servers first? I am trying to set up security cameras (and possibly a doorbell camera) with as little could-dependency as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post

Could you expand on this a little? Does the Nest Hello send the video to Blue Iris directly, or does it get routed through the Nest cloud servers first? I am trying to set up security cameras (and possibly a doorbell camera) with as little could-dependency as possible.
              It does rely on the Nest Cloud and your camera(s) being shared publicly. Blue Iris' latest update allows integration with Nest/Dropcams. I have only allowed this on my outdoor cameras. I run a different model for indoor cameras (Foscam/Amcrest). I don't want to drive the discussion away from the original poster's questions/thoughts but wanted to address your question.

Comment

Working...
              X