HomeSeer is 20 Years Old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
    I did purchase a HS 3.0 Pro license, but have never installed! So it’s waiting on the shelf for me.
    For $50 you can secure upgrade to HS4 this week, so that when you do get around to rebuilding it'll be all new and shiny, and help fund the next 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post

For $50 you can secure upgrade to HS4 this week, so that when you do get around to rebuilding it'll be all new and shiny, and help fund the next 20 years
      Absolutely right. Thanks!
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For me it all started with Keware AutoHome. Congrats and here's to another 20 years. Happily upgraded to HS4 Pro this morning.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Upgraded (pre-ordered) to 4 just now. Of course, I'll allow the rest of you to be guinea pigs for at least 2 months (and review all PI forums for upgrade problems) before I make the big leap and click 'Install'.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post
            Upgraded (pre-ordered) to 4 just now. Of course, I'll allow the rest of you to be guinea pigs for at least 2 months (and review all PI forums for upgrade problems) before I make the big leap and click 'Install'.
            haha

Comment

It's good to be back. I set up homeseer version 1 and 2 years ago but I have been away for quite a while. Are there any suggestions to get caught back up? Maybe some videos that could shorten my learning curve. 20 years is a long time. A lot has changed. I'm mainly looking to set up some home automation that doesn't include connecting to any cloud-based systems.

Comment

Hello
                Congratulations to all the HomeSeer team that we feel part of even if in a very small part being a dealer in Italy since 2014. In our country now is a very difficult period for the covid-19, now all our staff RenderCAD is in smart -working and we are organizing to transmigrate all our training services through the Microsoft Office 365 online platform. We are very worried and we are second in the ranking after China for the numbers of positive people at covid-19, there are no masks that protect us if we have to go shopping .... Fortunately, all our staff is doing well so far but here the work has stopped. We hope to resume as soon as possible.
                Greetings to all the staff.

Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Best wishes for speedy recovery of Italy!!!

- Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Well, 2001 for me. I haven’t been around on the forum for a few years since I’m still running 1.7. It’s been rock solid, and while I assisted with the beta testing for 2.0, I had so much customized in my setup that it didn’t have the plugins in 2.0 to implement what I had in 1.7. I ran 2.0 in test for a few moths and got used to it, but left my production running 1.7. Many years later, I forget how I set up much of my configurations, and I look at the scripts I wrote and marvel at how I focused to get them working. My HS system once ran for 248 days without a reboot (with a UPS).

My hardware is slowly deteriorating so I’m going to have to make a switch in the near future. Part of me looks forward to it, but part of me wonders if I will have the focus.

I did purchase a HS 3.0 Pro license, but have never installed! So it’s waiting on the shelf for me.

Congratulations to the HomeSeer crew! It’s quite a feat to last 20 years in this business! You’ve certainly done well to adapt to all the tech changes.

Here’s to 20 more years!
                    Soooo,

Have you bought and installed Hs4 or only bought it ? Maybe you’re still on 1.7 ?

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

awww that's nice !

Would be curious to see hs 1.0 or Autohome in action. Anyone has a video?

Btw congrats HomeSeer!!
                      It’d be very nice to watch a Ho1.0 video.

Very curious, I am -Yoda-

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                        Soooo,

Have you bought and installed Hs4 or only bought it ? Maybe you’re still on 1.7 ?
                        I am still running my HS1.7 version! I struggling with how to get all the functionality (plug-ins) and device support under HS3 or HS4.

Comment

I am still running my HS1.7 version! I struggling with how to get all the functionality (plug-ins) and device support under HS3 or HS4.
                          Perhaps if you elaborate in detail what your desired functionality currently does and the structure/devices you currently use, then others already on HS4 can bring you insight on how to do that. Might be a completely different approach that uses the same devices, or only require a small investment. There are many solutions that achieve the same end-goal, but some might not work for HS4, so if you keep trying to fix the road you are on then you might bang your head into the wall, but if you include the details on start/end-goal then somebody might be able to give you different directions.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post

Perhaps if you elaborate in detail what your desired functionality currently does and the structure/devices you currently use, then others already on HS4 can bring you insight on how to do that. Might be a completely different approach that uses the same devices, or only require a small investment. There are many solutions that achieve the same end-goal, but some might not work for HS4, so if you keep trying to fix the road you are on then you might bang your head into the wall, but if you include the details on start/end-goal then somebody might be able to give you different directions.
                            Thanks for the offer! I did post a message last year and got some good guidance. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...g-for-guidance

Now that the cool weather is moving in again, I may have the inclination to get back into it!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X