Magic Light WF bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic Light WF bulbs

my wife bought some ”MagicLight WF” bulbs that are connected to the network (wifi duh...) but they are controlled via an app, and Alexa...

Has anyone figured out how to control them directly without having to go ”outside”... I hate outside apps for the delays and security holes...

For their ”special function” which is a slow turn on (simulating sunrise) I am sure I will have to let their cloud app run a timer, but for simple on/off I would like to limit outside traffic....

Any thoughts...
    Ps...amazon magiclight wifi hue....

I'm not 100% sure. But I suspect you may be able to use my magic home plugin. If after initial discovery you get a device Mac listed. I think you need to select Bulb as the type and it should work ok I think.

I suggest you try the latest beta first.

if no devices are discovered then it's not compatible. But I believe these are the same as the flux bulbs

Comment

Oh... That would be nice...inwill try that once the current crisis de jour passes

Comment

It works, yea!
        The first time ran discovery, it found the bulbs and built the standard full RGB stuff. These are just dimable warmwhite/coolwhite bulbs, so I corrected the setting and ran discovery again. I now have 4 bulbs, rgb and the warm/cool. What can I delete and what has to stay?

would you like any debug runs or something to help the cause?

what is the difference between the full and the lite version?

thanks

if you want debug files give me a direct email pls.

Comment

Now the setting is in the ini file. Just stop the plugin and delete all homeseer devices. Then restart the plugin. It should only create the two correct lights.

​​
          Can I suggest you also upgrade to the latest Beta.

Can you also confirm what OS you are running?

The difference when the lite and full versions is. You cannot control the devices in Lite mode. But you can still get status updates to trigger events etc on the lights status.

And you can do both with a purchased licence.

Comment

I've just reread your message again. Can I confirm that you meant the strip light you have are just cool and warm white only..... I.e. they don't have RGB? If so I will need to create a new device type of WarmwhiteCoolwhite so then it won't create RGB devices.

Let me know and I can probably roll a new version tomorrow

Comment

Ok, I did something wrong. I deleted things in the wrong order and now it won't find the bulbs again.

yes, the magic bulbs I have are ONLY yellow/blue/dim...
              https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PSS9T5..._1ryACbKBAXJKR

HELP DESK (copy/paste section below to help desk tickets & emails)

Current Date/Time: 2/17/2019 11:00:12 AM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
              System Uptime: 3 Days 7 Hours 29 Minutes 41 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.1.34
              Number of Devices: 121
              Number of Events: 27
              Available Threads: 400
              HSTouch Enabled: True
              Event Threads: 1
              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
              Device Exec Queue: 0
              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
              Email Send Queue: 0
              Anti Virus Installed: ESET Security
              License: Registered
              License: 97596
              User Name and Access Level: default (Admin)
              WAN IP Address: 76.100.120.216
              Web Server Port: 80
              Location: (Latitude) 39.28 (Longitude) -76.62 City/State-US-Maryland,Baltimore,76.62,39.28

Enabled Plug-Ins
              1.0.0.286: MagicHome
              3.0.0.14: NetCAM
              3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

ooops...spoke too soon, it JUST found them again...
              Feb-17 11:01:20 AM MagicHome DEBUG Device model AK001-ZJ200 with Mac Address DC4F22873D8B and Firmware Version 1, proceeding to update Homeseer devices.
              Feb-17 11:01:20 AM MagicHome DEBUG Device model AK001-ZJ200 with Mac Address DC4F2287A570 and Firmware Version 1, proceeding to update Homeseer devices.
              But it did create all of the RGB entries (like 9 rows for each bulb, ouch)

let et me know what else you need.

Comment

rsisson Thanks for the info. I have just updated the Beta plugin to v1.0.0.287. stop the existing plugin, and then upgrade to the latest Beta from the Beta section of the homeseer updater.

once discovery has been performed after a minute or so (you will have dropdowns in the settings page for each device.) select the last option which is WarmwhiteCoolWhite for each of your bulbs.

now delete all the Magic Home devices from homeseer, stop the plugin and restart it. after a few minutes this should recreate your bulbs with just the Root Device, On/Off/Dim Device, Warm White Device & Cool White Device.

This should hopefully leave you with just the devices you can actually control as per the below

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	235
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1285658

Let me know if you have any issues with this version as i cannot actually test it properly here myself

Comment

Hum... I should only need THREE controls, Root, On-Off/Dimmer, and color slider from cool to warm?
                  (I only -Need- on/off and dim to a percentage, Not sure how I will use color...
                  (My wife want to wake to Daylite, go to sleep by Warm I think... but thats another task, and what the MagicBulb timer ap is for, maybe...)

Comment

Ok, restarted a few times (HS3 needed to update) and it created LOTS of sub-devices.

Not sure what to do. Last time I tried to delete "some" it messed things up for a cycle or so...

Only Need the Root, an On/Off and brightness and a Warm-to-Datlight slider

Comment

Weird
                      I can say...
                      "Alexa, Turn on Sunlite "
                      And one Alexa says "OK" and nothing happens, another says "not Responding"
                      manual works fine....

Log follows (sorry, live system so there are a few other things happening)
                      Feb-17 4:21:33 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 5 Computer Area Multi Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected
                      Feb-17 4:21:23 PM MagicHome DEBUG Setting Device DC4F2287A570's power state to On
                      Feb-17 4:21:23 PM Device Control Device: MagicHome MagicHome Bobs Sunlite to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      Feb-17 4:21:21 PM MagicHome DEBUG Setting Device DC4F22873D8B's power state to On
                      Feb-17 4:21:21 PM Device Control Device: MagicHome MagicHome Sunlite to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      Feb-17 4:21:00 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 5 Computer Area Multi Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: No Event
                      Feb-17 4:20:29 PM MagicHome DEBUG Device model AK001-ZJ200 with Mac Address DC4F2287A570 and Firmware Version 1, proceeding to update Homeseer devices.
                      Feb-17 4:20:29 PM MagicHome DEBUG Device model AK001-ZJ200 with Mac Address DC4F22873D8B and Firmware Version 1, proceeding to update Homeseer devices.
                      Feb-17 4:20:28 PM MagicHome DEBUG MagicHome Device Poll Inititated.
                      Feb-17 4:19:01 PM MagicHome DEBUG Setting Device DC4F22873D8B's brightness to 100
                      Feb-17 4:19:01 PM Device Control Device: MagicHome MagicHome Sunlite to Dim 100% (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      Feb-17 4:18:29 PM MagicHome DEBUG Device model AK001-ZJ200 with Mac Address DC4F2287A570 and Firmware Version 1, proceeding to update Homeseer devices.
                      Feb-17 4:18:29 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 5 Computer Area Multi Luminance Set to 25.95 (%)
                      Feb-17 4:18:29 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 5 Computer Area Multi Relative Humidity Set to 36.9 (%)
                      Feb-17 4:18:29 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 5 Computer Area Multi Temperature Set to 69.818 (F)
                      Feb-17 4:18:29 PM MagicHome DEBUG Device model AK001-ZJ200 with Mac Address DC4F22873D8B and Firmware Version 1, proceeding to update Homeseer devices.
                      Feb-17 4:18:28 PM MagicHome DEBUG MagicHome Device Poll Inititated.
                      Feb-17 4:17:47 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 5 Computer Area Multi Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected
                      Feb-17 4:17:24 PM MagicHome DEBUG Setting Device DC4F22873D8B's power state to Off
                      Feb-17 4:17:24 PM Device Control Device: MagicHome MagicHome Sunlite to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      Feb-17 4:16:38 PM MagicHome DEBUG Setting Device DC4F22873D8B's brightness to 100
                      Feb-17 4:16:38 PM Device Control Device: MagicHome MagicHome Sunlite to Dim 100% (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      Feb-17 4:16:30 PM MagicHome DEBUG Device model AK001-ZJ200 with Mac Address DC4F2287A570 and Firmware Version 1, proceeding to update Homeseer devices.
                      Feb-17 4:16:29 PM MagicHome DEBUG Device model AK001-ZJ200 with Mac Address DC4F22873D8B and Firmware Version 1, proceeding to update Homeseer devices.
                      Feb-17 4:16:28 PM MagicHome DEBUG MagicHome Device Poll Inititated.
                      Feb-17 4:15:18 PM MagicHome DEBUG Setting Device DC4F2287A570's power state to Off

Comment

Inconsistent. Trying to find a pastern, or a sequence that always works....
                        There seems to be TWO polling patterns, a short version, and a long version that goes through all the NICS...
                        It keeps loosing the Names... I will do a "discover" it will find nothing, but everything will work for a while, and then
                        "I can't find any device called sunlite"....
                        Then it will ask about "Do you mean Magic 104.5, MagicHome or...."
                        Not sure what is going on as some of it is Alexa, and some of it is the Plugin not being consistent on what it calls things. Sometimes it is "MagicHome MagicHome Sunlite" and sometimes it is "Device DC4F22873D8B"

Just my $.02

Comment

Please ensure the device type is set to WarmwhiteCoolwhite in the magichome config page. Take note note do not use the RgbWarmRgbWarmwhiteCoolWhit

​​
                          Then delete all devices. Don't need to worry about them not coming back. They will do when you disable and then enabled the plugin as that forces the discovery and device creation on then next start

If you don't do that you would have to wait upto an hour for rediscovery and device creation.

As for duplicates being created this should not happen although there has been a bug identified by bsobel that upon Homeseer restart duplicates could be created if you have a second NIC without a gateway set. He's not sure why and rich from Homeseer is looking into it but to ensure this doesn't happen just enable the default gateway on that nic

But you should not be getting any colour devices created if you have WarmwhiteCoolwhite selected.

but just so you are aware, what you refer to as the long discovery where it loops through the devices is the only discovery. it does this upon application startup and stores the result which is what the plugin uses every refresh where is says device poll initiated.

It will then do another discovery only every hour. and if the device count doesn't match the existing will overwrite the working list (this stops errors if the device is powered off etc..

you can also trigger the discovery using the retry discovery button in the config page.

as for alexa, exclude that from the mix at the moment until you have the devices which aren't creating duplicates. then once you are at that point you need to goto the alexa app and delete any and all magic home devices from there, and then ask alexa to discover new devices. at which point those lights will be discovered.

​​​​​

Comment

Ok, I will do a stop plugin, delete all magichome devices, start plugin, wait.

while I am waiting, I will delete all the random Alexa devices, there were a few...

when HS3 is happy, I will do another discover..

let you know how it all works out...

Comment

Ok, did all that... and it rebuilt the full RGB setup...
                              not just the coolwhite/warmwhite I expected...

Comment

Working...
                              X