Yale Door Lock - Automatic re-lock - setup higher than 3 min standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Door Lock - Automatic re-lock - setup higher than 3 min standard

I would like to setup the automatic re-lock time higher than the max allowed of 3 minutes, can I do it via a script or an event?

If the lock does not support a parameter that allows more than 3 minutes, then you could create an event that is triggered by the lock unlocking with an action to lock it after x minutes.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have turned off auto-lock in the Yale. I then use an event to lock it, but only if the door contact sensor is also closed. That way if the door is left open for a while and then slammed the deadbolt is not damaging the frame.

the event triggers on contact closed and sets a delayed action for the door to lock.
      there is also an event for contact open that deletes any delayed door lock events.

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

This is what I was looking to accomplish, could you please share your event with a print screen.

Thanks,
        Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I do something similar but only at night after HS3 locks the front door at midnight. The kids seem to forget to re-lock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LDBKAN.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1285844
          Another event below that checks the front door is closed before locking

Name:	AADAL.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1285845

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
            This is what I was looking to accomplish, could you please share your event with a print screen.

Thanks,
            Aldo

Here you go; three events. door closed, lock door, door opened

You could combine door closed and door lock into one event.

Name:	closed.png
Views:	240
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1285917

Name:	lock.png
Views:	280
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1285918

Name:	open.png
Views:	263
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1285919
            HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
            Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML

Comment

I would like to setup the automatic re-lock time higher than the max allowed of 3 minutes, can I do it via a script or an event?
              Hi, Can I ask what model of Yale lock you are using? Thank you.

Comment

I have a yale YRD226.

Comment

I have a yale YRD226.
                  Does this include RF Card for user access? Thank you.

Comment

No, it does not.

Comment

No, it does not.

I see, Thank you.
                      Have you ever try to make an event for example a button that enable/disable user access? Because I'm trying to do it, but the concern is the name of the user is not adding only the numeric code. Its showing to the name "EvenAction".

Comment

Originally posted by Jarreds View Post

I see, Thank you.
                        Have you ever try to make an event for example a button that enable/disable user access? Because I'm trying to do it, but the concern is the name of the user is not adding only the numeric code. Its showing to the name "EvenAction".
                        The way these locks work you're not actually enabling and disabling a code. You are deleting and adding a code to the lock.
                        I use the script sparkman wrote to manage my Yale locks. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...-events-script

Comment

I'm handling this with a single event right now, as shown. I'm new to HS, so perhaps there are reasons to use multiple events as previous posts have described.

Name:	chrome_2019-02-20_00-10-17.png
Views:	274
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1286524
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by pfreese; February 20, 2019, 03:11 AM. Reason: add missing attachment

Comment

Ideally i would like to still have the fail safe mechanism build in of 3 minutes just in case HS fails but I guess that is not an option.
                            Thanks all for sharing these events.

Comment

Originally posted by pfreese View Post
                              I'm handling this with a single event right now, as shown. I'm new to HS, so perhaps there are reasons to use multiple events as previous posts have described.
                              {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1286524}
                              If your front door was left open you are locking the deadbolt after no motion for 5 mins. You run the risk of someone swinging the door closed and bang the deadbolt hits the frame. I know first hand. you should add another condition to the event 'and if the door is closed'

Comment

Working...
                              X