No announcement yet.

Yale Door Lock - Automatic re-lock - setup higher than 3 min standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have door is closed as a condition and no motion detected on either side of door as additional condition. Got them all dial in and now our garage house door auto locks when it should and is not a nuisance when going back and forth from garage to house. Also have a separate event that modifies the conditions to add where the exterior garage door is open or closed. Changes the time period of the door being unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

The way these locks work you're not actually enabling and disabling a code. You are deleting and adding a code to the lock.
      I use the script sparkman wrote to manage my Yale locks. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...-events-script

Thank you so much and will check this one .Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post

If your front door was left open you are locking the deadbolt after no motion for 5 mins. You run the risk of someone swinging the door closed and bang the deadbolt hits the frame. I know first hand. you should add another condition to the event 'and if the door is closed'
        That's what the very first condition guards against -- the door must have been closed for 5 minutes with no change in status. That first sensor ("Front Hall Sensor Binary") is a door open/closed sensor.

Comment

I did, however, run into a race condition with my solution. There is a fair amount of latency in the door sensor, and it's possible that the door unlock notification arrives before the door open sensor has sent a change in status, and the door will relock immediate upon opening (since it thinks the door has remained closed for at least 5 minutes). I actually ran into this case yesterday and puzzled over what could have happened.

I've changed my event so that it requires both the door to have been unlocked for 5 minutes, and the door sensor to show that the door has been closed for 5 minutes. It's possible that this could still fail if the user (me) opens the door just as it is open to autolock, but I don't think there's anything I can do the solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pfreese View Post

That's what the very first condition guards against -- the door must have been closed for 5 minutes with no change in status. That first sensor ("Front Hall Sensor Binary") is a door open/closed sensor.
            I see, I mistook front hall sensor as motion detector typical to mine. You are good. I have one of those binary sensors on my mailbox and noticed it was named that way too when it was opened the status was reported as motion. I changed the name of mine to what function it serves box open or box closed. That's just my preference

Comment

Originally posted by pfreese View Post
              I did, however, run into a race condition with my solution. There is a fair amount of latency in the door sensor, and it's possible that the door unlock notification arrives before the door open sensor has sent a change in status, and the door will relock immediate upon opening (since it thinks the door has remained closed for at least 5 minutes). I actually ran into this case yesterday and puzzled over what could have happened.

I've changed my event so that it requires both the door to have been unlocked for 5 minutes, and the door sensor to show that the door has been closed for 5 minutes. It's possible that this could still fail if the user (me) opens the door just as it is open to autolock, but I don't think there's anything I can do the solve this problem.
              That's why mine is written the way it is. It will not create the delayed lock event until the sensor reports the door is closed. If during the 5 minute delay the sensor reports open then it will cancel the delayed lock.
              HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
              Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
              Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

That's why mine is written the way it is. It will not create the delayed lock event until the sensor reports the door is closed. If during the 5 minute delay the sensor reports open then it will cancel the delayed lock.
                You will have the exact same problem with yours if the door is opened after sending the lock event but before the door sensor reports the open status. I don't think it's possible to solve this problem without some sort of local transactional event involving multiple devices.

Comment

#drparker151

I have the same lock you do, have you been able to activate - deactivate the auto-lock via the HS3 device by changing the #2 parameters ? If so what did you entered to set auto-lock Off and auto-lock On ?

in the documentation they mention "Auto Relock on/off 2 1 byte 0x00 = OFF, 0xFF = ON default is 0x00 or OFF " but this is not working

thanks for any help

Comment

I have the Yale YRD226 fitted to all external door and use the events driven use case:

Sensor is closed and door is unlocked then lock in x minutes.

If sensor is reopened within x minutes cancel delayed events.

This is to ensure that the deadbolt isn’t closed whilst the door is opened as discussed earlier in the thread.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X