Monoprice Smoke Detector Always Reports 0% Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoprice Smoke Detector Always Reports 0% Battery

Hi folks, looking for a little insight on an issue I have.
    I have over a half dozen Z-Wave Smoke & CO detectors in our house working great. I decided to add a supplementary smoke detector from Monoprice outside our bedrooms in the hallway. The detector is working and reporting events to HS without issue. The problem I'm having is that the battery is reporting 0% and will not update. I changed to a different battery and it still won't update.
    I have created a dashboard in HS Mobile for all my batteries to monitor but this one device won't update.
    Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

No suggestions, but I'll add that I have 2 Dome motions and 1 Zooz (the ones that look like golf balls), none of which will report battery except when manually awaken and polled.
    -Wade

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.
      How do you manually poll the device? I don't seem to find it in the battery or root device.
      Dan-O

Comment

You can create an event to poll it. What's the wakeup interval set to on the detector?
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It was showing as -1 minute.
          I just went and woke it up and pushed/set a wake-up interval to 12 hours.

Since it's not a 2-way device how can I wake it up to poll it with an event?
          Dan-O

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
            It was showing as -1 minute.
            I just went and woke it up and pushed/set a wake-up interval to 12 hours.

Since it's not a 2-way device how can I wake it up to poll it with an event?
            You can't wake it up with an event. HS will queue the poll requests for battery powered devices. So I would set the polling interval on the battery device once every 8 hours or so. HS Will queue it and then when it wakes up, it will send the poll request, and hopefully you'll get an update for it. I'm assuming that -1 meant that it would never wake up, so that's likely the reason it was stuck at 0.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It's all set now to poll every 8 hours.
              Thanks all for the assistance, I'll update you when I know if it worked or not.
              Dan-O

Comment

Update:
                It smoked through the battery so fast that after a day it was dead.
                Took it down, replaced it with a First Alert - not messing around with safety.
                Dan-O

Comment

Working...
                X