Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get custom value to display on the status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get custom value to display on the status?

These are all MQTT value that is received. How do I get it to actually Watts, amps, C, F etc... instead of just plain digits? It also seems that I can't add icons to the automatic McsMQTT VD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS3.png
Views:	258
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	1287751

The MQTT addon im using requires me to deselect the "Update String" in each device settings before it will display the status graphic correctly.

Comment

You have a couple different options, you can create virtual devices and scripts to fill in the data as you want (complicated, but sometimes easier and cleaner depending on your need). Another option would be to use the prefix and suffix settings in your devices to add what you want. I do this with my Aeotec sensors because I don't like temp down to the decimal and it doesn't put the degree sign that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
        You have a couple different options, you can create virtual devices and scripts to fill in the data as you want (complicated, but sometimes easier and cleaner depending on your need). Another option would be to use the prefix and suffix settings in your devices to add what you want. I do this with my Aeotec sensors because I don't like temp down to the decimal and it doesn't put the degree sign that I like.
        THanks for that, I didn't even know what those suffix/prefix meant til now. LOL Also I noticed you have "have scale" check what does that do?

ANother thing is the automatic generated VD on the mcsMQTT device doesn't allow adding graphics. Anyone know a solution for that? I'm ok with no graphics but think it'll look nicer.

Comment

Honestly I am not sure what scale means.

I just installed mcsmqtt last night for use with some presence detection I am trying to do. I’ll work tonight to see what I can come up with for icons as I want the same as well.

Comment

Appears that you change the graphics like you do any other device under the status graphics (same place you added the suffix), just pick the pics you want for each status. I threw this together tonight for the devices I am using for presence detection.

Comment

I'm not as lucky...

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X