Scene Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene Controllers

I noticed the HomeSeer store doesn't list any scene controllers (I could swear they did before). Is there something new coming that I should hold of a purchase elsewhere for?

I also think that Scene controllers are one major deficiency in Homeseer. But then I discovered HS3 Touch running on a tablet, which is orders of magnitude better than any scene controller could be.

Comment

The one thing I miss from my Control4 system is the 6 button keypads. Each button had an individually controlled LED that you could turn on/off and change color. You could also get engraved key caps.

I put these buy my entry/exit doors so when I walked out of the house I could hit a button for away and upon returning a button for home.

I also had 2 of the buttons control and monitor the status of my garage doors. Pressing the button would open or close the door. The LED would change color to indicate the open/close status. It was nice to have a quick visual status of the garage doors as I could see the buttons from almost anywhere in the main living space.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
            The one thing I miss from my Control4 system is the 6 button keypads. Each button had an individually controlled LED that you could turn on/off and change color. You could also get engraved key caps.

I put these buy my entry/exit doors so when I walked out of the house I could hit a button for away and upon returning a button for home.

I also had 2 of the buttons control and monitor the status of my garage doors. Pressing the button would open or close the door. The LED would change color to indicate the open/close status. It was nice to have a quick visual status of the garage doors as I could see the buttons from almost anywhere in the main living space.
            I'm liking this capability with the Insteon KeypadLinc's

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

I'm liking this capability with the Insteon KeypadLinc's
              Does it have separate LEDs for each button that you can control.

Comment

Does it have separate LEDs for each button that you can control.
                Yes. You can get a 6 button or 8 button. I like the 6 button for my use of having the large top/bottom button for the primary on/off function. Each button is individual or can be grouped. Lots of options.

The main thing missing is color LED's as I think the LED's are only white but you can adjust brightness of them.

Comment

I am still of the opinion that a native z-wave device with this functionality would be a great addition to the HomeSeer line.

The Insteon device could work for me. It also controls a load which I do not need.

Can the load control be disabled or just not used so that all 8 buttons function as just a button and LED indicator?

Too bad they discontinued the color inserts that would allow you to at least change it to one color if it was on.

Comment

I have light almond HomeSeer switches and dimmers. Too bad they don't offer custom key caps in any other color than white. WAF is critical!!!

Comment

I have light almond HomeSeer switches and dimmers. Too bad they don't offer custom key caps in any other color than white. WAF is critical!!!
                      Hmm they used to.... did you search around on Smarthome.com for them? Might be discontinued I don't know.

Comment

The keypad is available in light almond with the stupid default key caps that say scene A, B,C, etc. There are no blank or custom key caps in light almond that I could find nor any preprinted key caps in light almond.

Comment

I would like to see a z-wave scene controller as well. I have used KeypadLinc's at my entrances for years. Eventually they died. I have replaced with HS-WD100. Scenes are activated with double tap/triple tap. Wife not too fond of the tap system. With the 100's there is no programmable LED so there is no status. I am upgrading to the HS-WD200+ to get status indication. Unfortunately, neither solution is same as having a dedicated scene controller.

All major rooms in my house still employ Lightolier Compose devices and scene controllers. YES is old X10 tech, but it has work solidly for 16+ years. It will be a big and costly project to replace those devices. If there was a dedicated Zwave controller out there and supported by HS I would eventually knock out one room at a time.
                          (1)CP5ESPLC - White. They are in similar condition to the one pictured above. I will be happy to work with you. | eBay!
                          Last edited by lpcalcaterra; March 1, 2019, 12:32 PM. Reason: bad link
                          Larry

Comment

The keypad is available in light almond with the stupid default key caps that say scene A, B,C, etc. There are no blank or custom key caps in light almond that I could find nor any preprinted key caps in light almond.
                            You can get them in light almond from the custom offering.

Tell at a glance which lights or rooms each button controls with this laser-etched Customized Keypad Button set.

Comment

Originally posted by lpcalcaterra View Post
                              I would like to see a z-wave scene controller as well. I have used KeypadLinc's at my entrances for years. Eventually they died. I have replaced with HS-WD100. Scenes are activated with double tap/triple tap. Wife not too fond of the tap system. With the 100's there is no programmable LED so there is no status. I am upgrading to the HS-WD200+ to get status indication. Unfortunately, neither solution is same as having a dedicated scene controller.

All major rooms in my house still employ Lightolier Compose devices and scene controllers. YES is old X10 tech, but it has work solidly for 16+ years. It will be a big and costly project to replace those devices. If there was a dedicated Zwave controller out there and supported by HS I would eventually knock out one room at a time.
                              I tried the HS switches with scene support and they are great switches but my family can barely remember hold up/down for dim control let alone press X times for this and X for that... NEVER worked for me.

The landscape of Z-Wave multi-button controllers.... well is VERY sad and a major disappointment really. Even the few still available like button controllers or keyfobs are really annoying because they are battery operated so you have to generally hit the buttons twice... one to wake up the device and again to actually do something... annoying!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X