Zooz Double Plug - How Many Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zooz Double Plug - How Many Devices

I got a Zooz Double plug, anyone have this plug? How many devices did yours set up?

I wanted to monitor energy from both outlets but the energy only shows for switch 2.
    Switch 3 does not do anything to the plugs.

Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1290264

Here's mine. Quick post from my phone. Can discuss in more detail tomorrow, but haven't used it much yet.

Name:	Screenshot_20190305-221242_Chrome.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1290268
    -Wade

Comment

I don't have meter 1 or meter 2.

If I plug something in one side it shows watts but if I change to the other side it shows 0 watts.

Comment

The watts keeps bouncing around. Nothing is plugged in to the plug. The watts is jumping at various amount from 0 to 10 watts and the amps is staying at .100

Comment

Looks like this is going back to Amazon. I tried including it 6 times.

1 no errors but no meter 1 or meter 2.
          2 error
          3 failed
          4 no errors this time meter1 was there but no meter 2.
          5 same as 1 above.
          6 same as 1.

Jim

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1290278

Comment

Wait...... Looks to be working now. I went into the root device and under the Z-wave tab I did Rescan. Now it shows all the info for plug one and two. Still no meter 1 or meter two though. Switch 3 does nothing either but I don't need that option to turn both off at the same time. Both plugs will be on all the time. I got this to monitor two computers energy usage and to see if they were left on.

Jim

Views:	248
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1290283

Comment

I believe I read that switch 3 is the USB ports. If I understand correctly, if you turn the virtual device off it will automatically turn on when a device (e.g. phone) is charging on a USB port and then off once it is fully charged and stops drawing current. I've not tested to be sure my understanding is correct.

The feature I'm most interested in is auto-on timer. Parameters 11 and 15 let you set time periods after which the left and right outlets, respectively, turn on after being turned off. Parameters 10 and 14 turn the feature on. This should let me do a modem/router hard reset at a remote HS3 installation (weekend house).
              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                Wait...... Looks to be working now. I went into the root device and under the Z-wave tab I did Rescan. Now it shows all the info for plug one and two. Still no meter 1 or meter two though. Switch 3 does nothing either but I don't need that option to turn both off at the same time. Both plugs will be on all the time. I got this to monitor two computers energy usage and to see if they were left on.

Jim
                [/ATTACH]
                I wasn't having any luck getting Volts 1, Watts 1, Amperes 1 and kW Hours 1 to show up even on rescan until I deleted all the child devices. After that on rescan it correctly created/recreated all 12 child devices. Meter 1 and Meter 2 aren't there anymore; I don't think they had been created properly in the first place.
                -Wade

Comment

After an initial add node, rescan, exclude, move the device closer to my z-net, then add node, then rescan, I was able to get all 12 child devices added. However, is anyone else noticing the following odd behavior:

1) When I turn on Switch 1, Switch 1 turns on but both Switch 1 and Switch 2 status changes to 'On'. I set an event to poll Switch 2 when Switch 1 is set to 'On' and this corrects the status.
                  2) Amperes 2 seems to display the total amps through both switches instead of just the amps through Switch 2
                  3) Watts 1 seems to display the total watts through both switches instead of just the watts on Switch 1

Am I the only one experiencing this?
                  Any ideas on how to correct it?

Comment

Originally posted by maltheleu View Post
                    After an initial add node, rescan, exclude, move the device closer to my z-net, then add node, then rescan, I was able to get all 12 child devices added. However, is anyone else noticing the following odd behavior:

1) When I turn on Switch 1, Switch 1 turns on but both Switch 1 and Switch 2 status changes to 'On'. I set an event to poll Switch 2 when Switch 1 is set to 'On' and this corrects the status.
                    2) Amperes 2 seems to display the total amps through both switches instead of just the amps through Switch 2
                    3) Watts 1 seems to display the total watts through both switches instead of just the watts on Switch 1

Am I the only one experiencing this?
                    Any ideas on how to correct it?
                    I just tested mine. Mine does not do that. I turned both off. I turned switch one on, in both the device management screen and Imperihome IOS app it updated status of switch 1 to on and switch 2 status did not change switch 2 still shows off. I turned both off and turned on just switch 2 and switch 1 status did not change it still showed off.

Where are you looking to see the status of your device?

Jim

Comment

I just picked one of these up yesterday. I'm not seeing the behavior above, but I do think we're all missing a switch. According to the documentation it sounds like we should have 4 switches.

2 for the left and right channels
                      1 for the USB port reporting
                      1 combined to control left and right at the same time

I'm thinking the combined control is missing. I'd really like to use that switch. I'm stuck linking the two switches together, but there's a significant delay between each channel triggering.

That all being said it seems like a very solid device.

Comment

Originally posted by julez View Post
                        I just picked one of these up yesterday. I'm not seeing the behavior above, but I do think we're all missing a switch. According to the documentation it sounds like we should have 4 switches.

2 for the left and right channels
                        1 for the USB port reporting
                        1 combined to control left and right at the same time

I'm thinking the combined control is missing. I'd really like to use that switch. I'm stuck linking the two switches together, but there's a significant delay between each channel triggering.

That all being said it seems like a very solid device.
                        I have 3 switches that have On/Off, switch 1, switch 2 and switch1 & switch 2. Switch 3 I guess is supose to turn off both switches at the same time but it does nothing when I turn switch 3 on or off. I see no control or info of the USB part.

Jim

Views:	253
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1302730

Comment

I'm not using it actively nor am I where I can test at the moment, but I seem to recall that Switch 3 is actually just status of the USB port such that when something is drawing current via USB Switch 3 changes to On. Have you checked that?
                          -Wade

Comment

Switch 3 shows off. Nothing plugged in the USB port. If I click On it shows in the log but the status does not change to on. it stays off. I plugged in my phone and the status for switch 3 changed to on. If I click on Off nothing happens the status still shows On but it does show in the log i clicked Off. I unplugged my phone and the status changed to Off. What's the purpose of the On/Off ?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                              Switch 3 shows off. Nothing plugged in the USB port. If I click On it shows in the log but the status does not change to on. it stays off. I plugged in my phone and the status for switch 3 changed to on. If I click on Off nothing happens the status still shows On but it does show in the log i clicked Off. I unplugged my phone and the status changed to Off. What's the purpose of the On/Off ?

Jim
                              Sounds like it should be a status only device but HS set it up incorrectly as a controllable device.
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                              X