Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to get some Z-Wave RGB Bulbs - recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I've been following this thread - I have not been able to find any RGB Zwave lights that seem to be worth much but I do have a number of LIFX lights which I have not had issues with. My challenge is getting the right plugin to use in HS - There is UltraLighting3 but it does not appear to me to be supported (from what I see in the forum). What are the folks here using for LIFX?

Thanks

Comment

You know node red ? https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ntrib-lifx-api (seems to be cloud based) .

or look here : https://flows.nodered.org/?term=lifx&num_pages=1

didn’t tried any myself since I do not have any lifx bulb

Comment

Or if you can, you could try the jeedom hs3 plugin.

from it it seems there is a lifx plugin in jeedom https://www.jeedom.com/market/index....gin&&name=lifx

Comment

Originally posted by harvito View Post
          …. There is UltraLighting3 but it does not appear to me to be supported (from what I see in the forum). Thanks
          That is what I use. For normal daily activity it works GREAT! You can control anything you want for a bulb. All our porch and perimeter lights are LIFX. They come on and off based on luminance outside. The porch lights change colors based on holidays and they get brighter when the Ring doorbell detects motion. All easily controlled in events using UltraLighttng3. You can't do ALL the things you can do on the LIFX app, but that is ONLY because LIFX doesn't yet have the API for that. I would LOVE to be able to change THEMES for a group of lights as easily as the app...…. We have nearly 40 LIFX lights of varying flavors. Honestly would not have gone past the first three or four if it wasn't for Ultralighting3.

Comment

I didn't read other responses, so don't know is anybody mentioned - I'm against lights with integrated control, since they are not cheap and when light dies - you need to buy a new one. Also need to reconfigure events... Better use separate WiFi/ZWave adaptor.

Comment

If you don’t like lights with integrated control and prefer adaptors - what do you use that allows RGB control of a bulb. Not much out there I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by harvito View Post
                If you don’t like lights with integrated control and prefer adaptors - what do you use that allows RGB control of a bulb. Not much out there I can find.
                Good point. Normal lights don't have RGB control though.

For RGB I use LCD strips with Shelly RGBW2 devices
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ig-screenshots

Comment

I get that - great for under counter or mood settings - not too useful for outdoor use. You also need to hide them in some way - putting a LIFX bulb in a lamp gives you a different solution with a similar effect - I completely understand your position and really wish there were other bulb choices - they are expensive no doubt but mine have lasted a while - knock on wood - and I’ve invested more in switches than bulbs. I have no strips but have been contemplating using some under kitten counters - what do you use?

Comment

I use cheap LED strips from Banggod with Shelly RGBW2 devices and AKShelly plugin.

These strips are self-adhesive, some are waterproof for outside - I put them under eaves.
                    Also under bed in bedroom, under stairs as night light, in kids room just in the ceiling corners.

I don't use expensive ZWave strips, not worth it.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	rgbw_2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	1319402 Click image for larger version  Name:	rgbw_led_strip_shelly.png Views:	2 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	1319401
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2013-03-10-23-46 IMAG0360.jpg Views:	2 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	1319400 Click image for larger version  Name:	2013-03-10-23-45 IMAG0359.jpg Views:	2 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	1319399

Comment

Working...
                    X