Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raspberry pi data

greetings,

i have a couple of raspberry pi units collecting data around the house, some log to google sheets, others do not.

is there a clean way i can get data from the Pi into a homeseer device? I didnt readily see anything on the plugins, and a forum search returned too much on the homeseer running on the pi, then anything else.

thanks!

Any ideas?

Comment

Well, there is the raspberry IO Plugin? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/an...sting?t=183857

Comment

I have used MQTT and the mcsMQTT plugin to get data from a raspberry pi to Homeseer. The mcsMQTT plugin will create Homeseer devices. Works great.
        I use it to send data from my HVAC system to Homseer, IE mostly zone temperatures, as well as environmental temperatures.
        I also use esp8266 boards to send other data to Homeseer via mqtt, ie motion, temp, humidity, RFID chip reader data.
        I also use the raspberryIO plugin, but that only gives digital data, ie on, off. It can be used to control relays as well however

Bruce

Comment

Seconded. the use of MQTT and mcsMQTT plugin I use that as well.

There are two packages in raspbian you need

mosquitto
          mosquitto-clients

You will need to install a single instance of mosquitto as a broker somewhere on your local network. The mcsMQTT plugin connects to this broker.

Then install the mosquitto-clients package on each pi producing data and use the mosquitto_pub command from a bash script to publish the data to the broker which will then be available to the mcsMQTT plugin

Comment

The mcsMQTT plugin can act like a mqtt (mosquito) server/broker, so you don't absolutely need another one, but I run one on the raspberry pi that collects my HVAC data

Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X