HST humor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST humor?

I need to purchase more Z-Net devices and just happened to read the description on the HST site. I quote "Multiple Z-NETs may be used together with any HomeSeer system for a centrally managed, muti-network installation; ideal for home owners with secondary residences or outbuildings (pool houses, barns, workshops, servants (sic) quarters, etc)." Servants' quarters????

Barry

I live in an older area of San Antonio where the houses were often built with a small (frequently 1 room) apartment as part of a detached garage behind the house. These are commonly referred to as servants' quarters or maid's quarters, even though in few cases are they still used that way. More often they've been converted to a guest room, mother-in-law suite, on-site mini-storage, etc.
    -Wade

Comment

Yeap, North of Chicago, many of the old estates along the lake have carriage houses with servant quarters.
      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

OK, so here in central Indiana, I can relate to barns and workshops. I did a translate to greenhouse in place of pool house. And we do have older homes with carriage houses. it just struck me as funny. Perhaps I've underestimated the demographics of this group.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
          Perhaps I've underestimated the demographics of this group.

Barry
          Me too... had no idea we let Indianans into the group!

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We call it Mother-in-Law quarters now.

Comment

Working...
            X