Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller S3 options

Hey Everyone,

Been a while since I have been on this forum and I see a lot has changed...

I am finally moving to HS3Pro from HS2 Pro on my S3 HomeTroller. I have updated to the latest SP3 XPe image but I can see that there are a lot of things I will be soon left behind with if I stay on this platform.

What have people who use the S3 been upgrading the OS to?

Things to consider:

1) I want to retain the use of the HomeTroller that has an SSD and upgraded RAM due to the silent nature and low power consumption of the device. Plus, it still works very well.
    2) I like the ability of using HS Sentry that locks the the OS to prevent damage from viruses. Being able to simply reboot the device to go back to pre-virus state is very nice.
    3) Due to the 4 serial devices I have, running a VM is not an option that I can see. I do have access to several GC100 devices that have 2 serials on each device but I don't know how to make it work. In other words, it would be IDEAL to move the Ztroller (serial) from the the back of the HomeTroller to the serial on the GC100 but I don't know how to make that work with HomeSeer. If you do, that would be AWESOME!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

For item 3, you can use the Lantronix CPR (Com Port Redirector). To the OS it makes a remote serial port look like a local serial port. You can download from here: https://www.lantronix.com/products/com-port-redirector/
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
    X