Problem with all my AC devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with all my AC devices

I"ve never had this happen. In the Log last night at 11:13pm I had an error with one of my devices. Error - Event Light on when bedroom door opens action to control a device failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I don't recall changing anything or adding anything in the last couple days.

Then at 11:14pm Warning Request from UI to shutdown. I did not notice any of this till I got home today from work. When I looked at my laptop Homeseer was not running and the laptop was connected but no internet. I rebooted the laptop. deCONZ started upon reboot but HS3 did not startup automatically like it should. I'll figure that out later. I started HS3. There were no errors in the log when HS3 started. When I try to do anything with a AC device I get an error but my two battery door sensors are working with out errors.

Any idea where to start or should I restore from a Backup from a couple days ago?

Thanks
    Jim

Mar-15 5:43:54 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 12 Bedroom Bedroom Door Set to On/Open/Motion
    Mar-15 5:43:37 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light
    Mar-15 5:43:37 PM Device Control Device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light to Off (0)
    Mar-15 5:43:37 PM Event Event Trigger "Misc Closet Light Off"
    Mar-15 5:43:37 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 49 Bedroom Closet Door Set to Off/Closed/No Motion
    Mar-15 5:43:30 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light
    Mar-15 5:43:30 PM Device Control Device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light to Dim 98% (98)
    Mar-15 5:43:30 PM Event Event Trigger "Misc Closet Light On"
    Mar-15 5:43:30 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 49 Bedroom Closet Door Set to On/Open/Motion
    Mar-15 5:42:46 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 03 Hall Hall Light
    Mar-15 5:42:46 PM Device Control Device: Node 03 Hall Hall Light to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-15 5:42:09 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 07 Bedroom Bedroom Fan
    Mar-15 5:42:09 PM Device Control Device: Node 07 Bedroom Bedroom Fan to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-15 5:41:24 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 18 Bedroom Bedroom Light
    Mar-15 5:41:24 PM Device Control Device: Node 18 Bedroom Bedroom Light to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-15 5:41:16 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 18 Bedroom Bedroom Light
    Mar-15 5:41:16 PM Device Control Device: Node 18 Bedroom Bedroom Light to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-15 5:40:57 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light
    Mar-15 5:40:57 PM Device Control Device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-15 5:40:51 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light
    Mar-15 5:40:51 PM Device Control Device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-15 5:39:38 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light
    Mar-15 5:39:38 PM Device Control Device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light to Off (0)
    Mar-15 5:39:38 PM Event Event Trigger "Misc Closet Light Off"
    Mar-15 5:39:38 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 49 Bedroom Closet Door Set to Off/Closed/No Motion
    Mar-15 5:39:32 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light
    Mar-15 5:39:32 PM Device Control Device: Node 50 Bedroom Closet Light to Dim 98% (98)
    Mar-15 5:39:32 PM Event Event Trigger "Misc Closet Light On"
    Mar-15 5:39:32 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 49 Bedroom Closet Door Set to On/Open/Motion

I thought I would restart the Smart Stick but got an error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1292729

Comment

I unplugged the Smart Stick from the laptop and plugged it back in. All is working fine now. I tested the Restart THIS Interface like above and this time no errors. It restarted fine. Could this be a indication the Smart Stick is going bad or was it just a fluke?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
        I unplugged the Smart Stick from the laptop and plugged it back in. All is working fine now. I tested the Restart THIS Interface like above and this time no errors. It restarted fine. Could this be a indication the Smart Stick is going bad or was it just a fluke?

Jim
        Could be going bad. Might want to check the USB port settings as well in Windows Device Manager to make sure power save mode is disabled on it.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Could be going bad. Might want to check the USB port settings as well in Windows Device Manager to make sure power save mode is disabled on it.
          I hope not, its only 10 months old. I went to check power settings but how do I know which one it is? I have 3 things pluged into USB ports.

Mouse
          SmartStick
          ConBee

Thanks
          Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1292744

Comment

I have 3 things pluged into USB ports.

Mouse
            SmartStick
            ConBee

Thanks
            Jim
            It could also be that the power supply to your machine is weak or a USB issue. MOST likely, it was just a fluke. My Z-Net has stopped working a couple of times for no apparent reason. Restarting it worked.

You could check your windows logs between the time of your last successful Z-wave command and your error message.

Comment

I hope not, its only 10 months old. I went to check power settings but how do I know which one it is? I have 3 things pluged into USB ports.

Mouse
              SmartStick
              ConBee

Thanks
              Jim
              I think you can drill down into the properties of each and then there's more info there that may (cryptically) link them to another device. On my HS system, I just went to the properties of each Generic USB Hub and USB Root Hub and disabled the ability of the OS to turn off the port to save power.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

I think you can drill down into the properties of each and then there's more info there that may (cryptically) link them to another device. On my HS system, I just went to the properties of each Generic USB Hub and USB Root Hub and disabled the ability of the OS to turn off the port to save power.
                I havn't changed anything yet but I did see the option to turn off. All of them with the option are turned on. I'll check each one and turn them off.

Comment

Or unplug and plug back in the usb device while watching what device drops and reappears.
                  HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                  Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                  Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                    Or unplug and plug back in the usb device while watching what device drops and reappears.
                    Won't work. When I unplug the SmartStick it shows which one drops under Ports but the power setting is under Bus Controllers. I just turned all 5 off to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X